1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My costs of reloading supplies have gone thru the roof. (up from 12% to 16%)

Does anyone have a good supplier: bullets - 230 FMJ, Win 231 & Win primers.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Al

(Moderator: if this post is contrary to the policy & guidelines of the form - please delete. I mean no disrespect, just trying to get some help while the "reloading forum" is being cleaned up)

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just ordered some 230gr FMJ surplus bullets from gibrass.com. They're $50/thousand plus shipping. I order primers and powder from GA Arms and pick them up at local gun shows, avoiding the HAZMAT. However, their prices have gone up lately, too.

·
Premium Member
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gsalchmai:

(I see you are from GA)

But did you not pay GA sales tax @ an additional 7%. ? There's got to be a better way.

Whats with all these price increases.

There has to be someone out there that will supply all the componets at a reasonable price. I used to have 5 or 6 suppliers but now 0.

It's better to go back to Wal-Mart & "white box".

I may even have to sell my Dillon. (Moderator - this is not a solicitation)

If anyone has an idea - let me know. I would hate to think I would have to carry & shoot 9mm from now on.

·
Registered
907 Posts
gwalchmai said:
I just ordered some 230gr FMJ surplus bullets from gibrass.com. They're $50/thousand plus shipping. I order primers and powder from GA Arms and pick them up at local gun shows, avoiding the HAZMAT. However, their prices have gone up lately, too.
What's the shipping rate from gibrass.com on 1000 bullets? Thier website doesn't say

·
Registered
278 Posts
ABC3, yes, you pay sales tax, but I've found the sales tax to be about the same or less than shipping, and the gunshow admission is considerably less than the HAZMAT. Plus you get to go to the gunshow (may be a plus or minus, depending on your POV ;))

Price increases on reloading components are due to the Chinese, I think. They are buying up metals like crazy from what I read. Plus the cost of oil is driving up everything else.

SgtSabre, I think Jeff just passes on the actual shipping charge, so it depends on the destination. I'm sure he would tell you if you call or email. Shipping costs have skyrocketed on everything lately due to gas prices. :bawling:

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you don't mind plated bullets, Berry's Manufacturing has good prices. You can order directly from their website and their prices already include shipping ($76.99/1000). I've been using their 230gr RN for a long time with great results. 5.7gr of W231 gives me about 840fps from a 5 inch barrel (OAL=1.258", 0.469 crimp). www.berrysmfg.com

If you want strictly jacketed bullets, ZERO FMJ bullets are reasonably priced. You can order them from www.rozedist.com. Their prices also already include shipping. Their prices are actually close to Berry's price for plated ($78.15/1000). I've never heard anyone complain about ZERO bullets in any caliber. I have no experience with them myself.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I got so tired of the expence on bullets for 45 Acp shooting 150 or 200 a wk gets old, so last wk I stated casting my own CHEAP I have a thread in General Gun Discussion didnt know where else to put it, so cheap bullet cost is no longer a factor

·
Registered
101 Posts
I liked Roze, good bullets but they recently raised their prices too.

I'm sticking with patsreloading for all my components.

I posted on arfcom about my new loads yesterday, pulled mil-surp powder and tips with 24.1gns of powder and 55gn FMJBT tips, my pattern at 100yds was just over a quarter in 10 shots.

Not bad for pulled surplus so the .45 may not be a bad idea, I have not tried their .45 stuff but great prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.