1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a small local auction this past weekend a Singer that had been parked, with all the small parts incorrect, had a HS barrel also parked and a post war mag. It sold for $11500 plus 17% to a fellow in the room.

Crazy, at least to me

·
Registered
520 Posts
I guess the buyer just like the idea of having a 'Singer'.

To me, a parkerized arsenal re-built Singer really doesn't have much appeal. I'd only be interested in something original, if I were in the market.

To each their own I guess. I'm interested to see who will buying such things after the current generation of collectors....

-Steve

·
Administrator
72,969 Posts
To each their own I guess. I'm interested to see who will buying such things after the current generation of collectors....
I kinda wonder about that. The day may come when nobody has any interest in WW2 guns and militaria anymore outside of dedicated history buffs.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Crazy!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I definitely would rather have an arsenal redone Singer frame than to have none. At what cost is another question and I am not sure where I would draw that line.

I friend got one at a gun show years ago, Ithaca slide. Surf City converted to a 99% "original" priced at then market value in about 3 mths.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts