1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I can only get one picture to show but the serial number is a bad fake. Run.

Wonder why he does not show the other side of the pistol?

·
Administrator
73,982 Posts
$10,000 and/or a 10-year prison sentence for an illegally altered firearm. Sounds like a deal to me. :dope:

·
Administrator
73,982 Posts
I thought the only blued 1911A1's were the Colt?
Singer's pistols were finished in a gloss Du-Lite blue. Unfortunately none of our currently active members have a Singer to display but a quick Google search will show a few:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Looks like the guy is selling the pistol with a story similar to what he was duped with. Finally realizing he'd been taken, so just passing the buck. Funny there's no pics of the singer side of the slide?

Brian

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Read that some 1911's were restamped with new serial numbers by Gov't arsenals. Don't buy the line that it was sent to Remington. AFAIK , neither Remington Arms nor Remington Rand rebuilt 1911s. Raritan Arsenal , yes.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Singer's pistols were finished in a gloss Du-Lite blue. Unfortunately none of our currently active members have a Singer to display but a quick Google search will show a few:
Here are a couple pics I shared a while ago. All 5 of these pistols are all original.

·
Administrator
73,982 Posts
Well hell, now we know why Singers are so rare. You've got 'em all! :eek:

·
Registered
293 Posts
That is one of the best looking investments I have ever seen! Congrats, Rob, that is a fine collection!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Holy crap! The street value of that collection is unfathomable! That's great to see and congratulations on a hoard like that is well earned!

·
Registered
908 Posts
I WISH they were all mine. 2 friends and I got together to stage those pics. The other two collectors each have 2 Singers, and I "only" have one. I have not taken pics of mine all by itself yet, so I shared the pics I did have!

I wish I could spend some time with my collection to document the pieces, but it just have too many irons in the fire now.

·
Administrator
73,982 Posts
For insurance's sake you definitely want to have a photo record of all your pieces, including closeups of markings and estimated values. Otherwise your insurance company will just give you a check to go buy yourself a Rock Island.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Actually, there are far fewer known Singers left. It may be upwards of 10% (or better) of known correct examples. It is 1% of the total Singer production though!!!

·
Registered
908 Posts
For insurance's sake you definitely want to have a photo record of all your pieces, including closeups of markings and estimated values. Otherwise your insurance company will just give you a check to go buy yourself a Rock Island.
Unless you pay a huge rider on the policy, the insurance company is likely to laugh at you and send you a check for no more than $5k. The policies I have seen charge 10%of the collection value. (Obviously, I'm not looking in the right places...)

·
Administrator
73,982 Posts
There's collector's insurance for firearms available online such as http://www.collectinsure.com/. If you've got a decent-sized collection (especially with a Singer in it) I strongly advise getting them all insured. Like you just said normal home insurance policies will only give you a laughable amount if you lose them all due to theft or a fire.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts