1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had taken my Sistema on a trip with some family members, but I left a holster at home, and just transported it in a gun rug. Someone suggested we investigate an abandoned old building at the end of a deserted road. Not really prepared for a Davy Crockett experience, I threw the Sistema (loaded with 230 ball ammo in a 7 round Metalform) inside my waistband in the small of my back under a untucked shirt. WOW. That gun felt like no other back there. A real substantial piece of metal (and peace of mind).

Well....at least that was my impression. Probably just got swept up in the romanticism of the moment.

And, oh yeah....no boogie men jumped out of the forest.

·
Administrator
74,629 Posts
I've transported my outdoors piece (a Remington Rand) in a gun rug, and later wished I had it in a holster too once. The last time was while camping, I ventured onto a deserted beach alone for a few hours and suddenly wished I had it since I could have run into a cougar or feral human. Now I keep it in a cheap fabric IWB clip holster, which will still allow me to carry it inside a rug besides.

And yes, I feel well armed with 230gr. ball as well.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

[This message has been edited by dsk (edited 08-31-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts