1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Sistema Colt 1927 and it's a JLD import. Looks like it's one of their Grade 3 (shooter) as it was heavily polished-so much so that the lanyard loop is 1/2 ground through! I threw in a Norinco MSH I had until I can replace the lanyard loop. On further inspection I found the barrel to be "ringed/bulged". The gun cycles fine and the prior owner states OK accuracy with it. I had a mil-spec bushing and a barrel marked ".45 AUTO." that I dropped in with a Kings #3 link. I seems to work. Is their any problem with trying this combo out? I'd like to see how it shoots with the orig barrel and bushing and then my replacement. And how tough is it to replace the lanyard loop? I can pick one up cheap-it's a USGI part. I'd like to know if it's the same and how tough is it to drive the pin out holding the loop in the MSH?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
All M1911/A1 parts should interchange with the Sistema parts. The lanyard loop is easily removed, simply drive out the pin and pull out the loop. Note that it might not be that easy, since the loop will have been in there from day one and could be rusted, but it should be easy. Replacement is clean out the holes and put the new loop in place, tapping with a plastic hammer until the cuts line up with the holes. Then replace the pin.

If the barrel unlocks OK with that link, and the new barrel locks up, I see no reason the combination should not be OK. BTW, the barrel marking ".45 COLT" is the caliber, and does not necessarily mean the barrel is made by Colt.

Jim

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Jim. I actually have a mismatched Sistema barrel and slide that I was going to use on a Norinco frame I picked up. I dropped the Sistema barrel in the 1927 with a mil-spec bushing and it looks like it'll work out better than the other barrel. Birds of a feather I guess. Will I have to replace the link? There is a minor (very minor) up and down play with the barrel hood when the pistol is in battery. I'll try both old and new barrels at the range to see which is best anyway.
The .45 marked barrel fit and cycled but wouldn't feed-the feed ramp was a little different-kind of narrow and pointed. I put it with the Norinco frame-I want to get a MEU(SOC) clone up and running and have all the parts. Now I'm going to get a gunsmith somewhere to make it run. Any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts