1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a thing for Argentine weapons and have been in the hunt for a 1927 Sistema Colt for some time. Finally last week an auction opportunity for several Argentine weapons came up and I grabbed it. I got two Sistema Colts and two 1909 Argentine Mausers.

Here are the Sistemas (Not great pictures, but I'll post better when they arrive). Both supposed to have matching numbers

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Those look nice! Looks like 1958 Navy and 1955 unmarked. Looks like original finish and grips on both? That's a score; very nice find.

I love these - quality guns. I'd love to have an original condition one like that.

Reactions: Calfed

·
Administrator
80,125 Posts
The top one looks all-correct. The bottom one has a replacement hammer and the ever-ubiquitous bent lanyard loop. I'm sure you'll enjoy both pistols.

·
Registered
29,450 Posts
Thanks, guys! I wondered about the finish on these...original or not.

Any idea on what these are valued at these days?
I would say that the all original gun should bring some decent money. Assuming that all of the parts match. I bought a clean one a few years ago with all matching parts except the magazine and I paid eight bills for it. And considering the prices that these are bringing today. I feel pretty good about that. The second gun, hard to say.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I've got a thing for Argentine weapons and have been in the hunt for a 1927 Sistema Colt for some time. Finally last week an auction opportunity for several Argentine weapons came up and I grabbed it. I got two Sistema Colts and two 1909 Argentine Mausers.

Here are the Sistemas (Not great pictures, but I'll post better when they arrive). Both supposed to have matching numbers

Calfed,

Congratulations ! (There are many collectors that like them !!)

The top one, is one of 100 (98401 - 98500) shipped 9 Sep 1958 to General Directorate of Naval Material.

The 2nd one, is one of 20 (86591 - 86610) shipped 15 Oct 1955 (there were other shipments on 15 Oct 1955) to General Directorate of Naval Material. (And, it also looks like it needs a correct Left Stock.)

Best Regards,

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Calfed,

The top one is one of 100 (98401 - 98500) shipped 9 Sep 1958 to General Directorate of Naval Material.

The 2nd one is one of 20 (86591 - 86610) shipped 15 Oct 1955 (there were other shipments on 15 Oct 1955) to General Directorate of Naval Material. (And, it also looks like it needs a correct Left Stock.)

Best Regards,
Where did you get that information? I know where to get annual s/n range but that's quite specific... neat.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I would say that the all original gun should bring some decent money. Assuming that all of the parts match. I bought a clean one a few years ago with all matching parts except the magazine and I paid eight bills for it. And considering the prices that these are bringing today. I feel pretty good about that. The second gun, hard to say.
That is a great price on that gun. They had one at the LGS a couple years ago that was 2&1/2 times that price. It sat for a while but someone ponied up for it.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Where did you get that information? I know where to get annual s/n range but that's quite specific... neat.
Kamerer,

Both were/are listed in Table 8 - 5, on pages 187 and 188 in the Clawson Government Model book.

Table 8 - 6, on pages 188 and 189, list the D. G. F. M. NAVY Pistols, shipped to the Argentine Naval Prefecture [Headquarters].

Best Regards,

·
Premium Member
5,760 Posts
I've got a thing for Argentine weapons and have been in the hunt for a 1927 Sistema Colt for some time. Finally last week an auction opportunity for several Argentine weapons came up and I grabbed it. I got two Sistema Colts
You did well.

I remember when the Sistema was big at the Gun Shows 40 years ago. They were half the price of a used Colt and of course cheaper than a USGI

You did well and we are looking for more pictures and a Range Report.

·
Administrator
80,125 Posts
For the longest time Sistemas were dirt-cheap and a great option for someone wanting a USGI look-alike to take to the range and shoot. Unfortunately those days appear to be behind us as I'm seeing Sistemas advertised for what a Remington Rand sold for only 4 or 5 years ago.

• Helpful
Reactions: Che and USMM guy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Calfed,

The top one, is one of 100 (98401 - 98500) shipped 9 Sep 1958 to General Directorate of Naval Material.

The 2nd one, is one of 20 (86591 - 86610) shipped 15 Oct 1955 (there were other shipments on 15 Oct 1955) to General Directorate of Naval Material. (And, it also looks like it needs a correct Left Stock.)

Best Regards,
Thanks, Stan...great information

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You did well.

I remember when the Sistema was big at the Gun Shows 40 years ago. They were half the price of a used Colt and of course cheaper than a USGI

My Sistema is from the 1950's and has been "ridden hard and put away wet" - but my Ballester-Molina condition's more then make up for it!

View attachment 652272
View attachment 652271

Here's a link to more photos of the B-M:

Ballester-Molina photos
Nice guns, CWO. How does the B-M shoot compared to the Sistema?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For the longest time Sistemas were dirt-cheap and a great option for someone wanting a USGI look-alike to take to the range and shoot. Unfortunately those days appear to be behind us as I'm seeing Sistemas advertised for what a Remington Rand sold for only 4 or 5 years ago.
I got a decent deal on the whole kit and caboodle.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
You did well.

Wish I could go back. The first 1911 I bought myself (e.g., not shooting my dad's or uncle's gun) was a Norinco at a gun show in Fla. in 1993. The Sistemas were around on the tables for about the same price ($225 IIRC), too, but I didn't know what they were and I thought they were clones. I wish some salesman had straightened me out and I'd have bought both - Norinco to mod and the other to leave alone!

Boy that 1909 sure is pretty. I'm not a bolt gun guy but it doesn't take that to appreciate a nice collector's piece.

Reactions: Che

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks, Kam!

Those '09's are in amazing condition for 110 year old rifles.

What amazes me is what you can still get 1911-wise for $400-450. My son jus bought a couple of Tisas 1911's for a bit over $400 each. They are amazing for the price.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Thanks, Kam!

Those '09's are in amazing condition for 110 year old rifles.

What amazes me is what you can still get 1911-wise for $400-450. My son jus bought a couple of Tisas 1911's for a bit over $400 each. They are amazing for the price.
Yep, those look nice. I mess with ARs, have a CMP Garand, and my old .22 marlin but that's all for long guns. But it's clear those are special examples of the period. Congrats.

I agree from what I heard about the Tisas. At some point when there's a smoking deal on a model I like I'm going to get one, pretty much just for the safe. Because we all say "well I wish I'd bought a Norinco (or Sistema, etc.) back when..." and I'm sure that's the same case here. It's like, "Are you going to put your money where your mouth is when it's apparent...?" ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts