1911Forum banner

Sistema Colts

1116 Views 21 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Kamerer
I've got a thing for Argentine weapons and have been in the hunt for a 1927 Sistema Colt for some time. Finally last week an auction opportunity for several Argentine weapons came up and I grabbed it. I got two Sistema Colts and two 1909 Argentine Mausers.

Here are the Sistemas (Not great pictures, but I'll post better when they arrive). Both supposed to have matching numbers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Calfed,

Congratulations ! (There are many collectors that like them !!)

The top one, is one of 100 (98401 - 98500) shipped 9 Sep 1958 to General Directorate of Naval Material.

The 2nd one, is one of 20 (86591 - 86610) shipped 15 Oct 1955 (there were other shipments on 15 Oct 1955) to General Directorate of Naval Material. (And, it also looks like it needs a correct Left Stock.)

Best Regards,
Thanks, Stan...great information

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You did well.

I remember when the Sistema was big at the Gun Shows 40 years ago. They were half the price of a used Colt and of course cheaper than a USGI

You did well and we are looking for more pictures and a Range Report.
My Sistema is from the 1950's and has been "ridden hard and put away wet" - but my Ballester-Molina condition's more then make up for it!

View attachment 652272
View attachment 652271

Here's a link to more photos of the B-M:

Ballester-Molina photos
Nice guns, CWO. How does the B-M shoot compared to the Sistema?

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For the longest time Sistemas were dirt-cheap and a great option for someone wanting a USGI look-alike to take to the range and shoot. Unfortunately those days appear to be behind us as I'm seeing Sistemas advertised for what a Remington Rand sold for only 4 or 5 years ago.
I got a decent deal on the whole kit and caboodle.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks, Kam!

Those '09's are in amazing condition for 110 year old rifles.

What amazes me is what you can still get 1911-wise for $400-450. My son jus bought a couple of Tisas 1911's for a bit over $400 each. They are amazing for the price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts