1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next 1911 purchase is going to be either a Sistema or Colt of similar manufacture, ie, pre-series 80. Where is the best place(s) to keep an eye out for them? I'm in no hurry, but would like to start looking around soon.

I've never purchased a firearm through a broker before, is there any hassle to using GunBroker or like web sites? Is that even a good idea since I don't want to buy a pistol sight-unseen, really?

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Used Colts or Sistema

A gunshop that is about a 45 minute drive from here has a fairly good selection. A Sistema showed up several months ago, but it didn't last too long, disappeared after a few weeks. That would be first choice, find one that you can check out thoroughly.

I have had fairly good luck with Curio and Relic purchases on-line at Gunboards.com, most, but not all traders there are good to deal with. Sistemas don't show up very often there, but once in a while they do.

AR-15.com's trader has a feedback for transactions, so you can check up on someone and how things have worked out in the past.

A gun shop transaction from a reputable shop is your best bet in my opinion.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is a Sistema on GunBroker right now that looks brand new. It is starting at $600. I have bought a number of guns from that site and have only been dissappointed once. The Item # is 115820128 if you want to take a look. James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts