1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Sistema that was advertised by the gun shop in "excellent" condition. When checking it out at the shop it looked and felt good but I really couldn't get a good look in the barrel, there was a lot of dirt/grease in there plus the lighting was bad. Took it home,(after ten days of course-bunch of crap) stripped it, cleaned the barrel and upon closer inspection, the entire barrel (inside) is extremely pitted and the rifling looks very worn. It is a JLD Enterprises pistol and according to their Grade descriptions this seems like a Grade 1, it has all matching serial numbers and no scratches externally. What can I do at this point other than get a new barrel?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wanted to reiterate that my pistol has matching serial #'s on barrel, slide and frame with an exterior condition of at least very good so it should be a grade 1. The JLD description of the barrels of a Grade 1 is "very nice". The barrel on mine would be classified as "P.O.S."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really appreciate all the replies!
Sistema1927 makes a very good point and
I agree that I made a mistake when I did not ask to have the bore swabbed out. From the external condition of the weapon and the fact that it was advertised as "excellent"(the guy behind the counter also said they were "hand picked"), I was not too concerned about it at the time. Now, when a dealer advertises something as "excellent" is that really open to what his interpretation of "excellent" is? In my opinion "excellent" does not mean a POS, pitted and worn out barrel. I agree I would have no recourse with JLD directly as I did not purchase it from them but would I be justified in taking it back to the shop? Oh and I paid $379 for it, which is about what I would pay to have a dealer order one for me(if they would even agree to do it) in this crappy state! Anyone know a good shop in SoCal that will order stuff for you at a reasonable price?
Thanks everyone for the help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am going to take it back to the shop this weekend. Any information I should bring along with me that might back my case up besides printing out the JLD information on cruffler.com?
I appreciate the help guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.