1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Let me get this right: You purchased the Sistema from a gunshop and not from JLD? In other words, this pistol was one they had in stock that they may have obtained from JLD, right?

If so, then why would you expect it to meet the Grade criteria that JLD puts on the pistols that they sell directly? It is possible that the gunstore obtained it from JLD as a pistol that did not meet their grading criteria, and at a substantial discount. Just because it has matching numbers doesn't mean that it would have been graded by JLD as a Grade I.

I don't think you have any recourse. Definately not from JLD, and probably not from the gunshop due to the fact that you handled and inspected this weapon prior to purchase. Did you ask about swabbing the bore prior to purchase? Did you ask if you could field strip and inspect? If they had not allowed me to do this, then I would have taken a pass.

Now, the good news. If the rest of the pistol is in good shape, then dropping in a new barrel will solve your problem, and you will probably have a good shooter. What did you pay for this pistol?

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I still don't see how JLD can be held responsible if you purchase a gun from a dealer.

My reasoning? If you are purchasing from JLD, you are dependent upon their "grading" in order to ascertain condition. My C&R Grade I came in excellent condition with a bright bore, crisp rifling, almost no wear whatsoever. However, if this had not been the case, I would have been on the phone to JLD asking them why they sent me something less than advertised.

On the other hand, if you purchase from a gunstore, and you DON'T take the time to handle and examine the weapon, then you are your own worst enemy. Anyone who wants to sell you a gun should allow you to examine it. If they won't, then take a pass and spend your money elsewhere. Just because the dealer only wants to open the box enough to record serial number doesn't mean that you have to go along with this.

caveat emptor

Regardless of bore condition, I would be surprised if this isn't going to turn out to be a fine pistol. I have examined about 12 Sistemas now, and each of them has shown considerable promise.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Also, PRKsux didn't have a dealer order him a pistol from JLD, we stated that the dealer had one that he "advertised" as "excellent".

AC's & 45's, was your purchase one where you ordered the pistol from JLD to be shipped to your FFL holder, or was it one he had in stock? If the former, then a complaint to JLD would be justified.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.