1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which Argentine arsenal is reconditioning the Sistemas which have been coming into the US the past few years? Is it Beltran? I read that FMAP Rosario closed in 1991.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can't say for sure but depending on which distributer the guns came from they might have been reworked here in the states. Several years ago I worked for a small business that made good money reworking pistols out of south america for a large distributer.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, shiva. That makes sense since there's an importer/distributor mark on the pistols, but no Argentine arsenal mark.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I once visited the warehouse of a big importer who was a pretty good friend. I asked about his "arsenal overhaul" and he took me to the shop, which had a sign on the door reading "ARSENAL". That is where the "arsenal overhauls" were done.

Actually, they did a good job, possibly better than a "real" arsenal, but advertising is advertising.

Jim

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right you are, Jim. Actually, mine was in real good shape, cleaned up real nice with new springs all around. I couldn't have been happier had it been done in a real Argentine arsenal, and I'm sure I wouldn't have known the difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts