1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

Several times this past weekend I have attempted to access this sight from my home ISP (aol.com). I repeatedly obtained "You do not have permission/forbidden to access this server".

Was your site being "worked on" or is this some of AOL's nonsense again?

Mike

·
Registered
469 Posts
Not just AOL. I received this message also.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Somewhere, I got the impression that a virus was attacking some sites this past weekend. Oh, yeah! A thread discussing why GunsAmerica was down. Shortly thereafter, 1911Forum went down.

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I saw on TFL where someone else posted the idea that maybe a "gun virus" was out there and attacking sites. I have to admit that I found that rather amusing as the gun virus apparently didn't attack most gun sites like TFL, GlockTalk, or others. Chances are that if the sites going down were caused by bad people, then most likely the sites were hacked. Viruses tend to affect more sights and hackers less. Besides, if it was a virus, then we would know about it from the other sites that managed to deal with it.

However, two sites going down on the internet is nothing new. There may have been no evil-doing, just basic maintenance or overworked servers. 1911forum has gone down before and likely will go down again without any word to its members. There is no reason to start rumors of viruses based on a lack of information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts