1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Administrator
13,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've paid and you're avatar is not showing please report here . Sorry for the hassles . Tech staff is working on it .

*Please resist posting comments or observations not directly associated with your own acct . We're trying to assist those having difficulty .

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Need help urgently

My personal account hasn't shown the Site Supporter badge now for 22 days

In addition, I created another account under a name for a new business that a group of us are launching. Made payment under Paypal for a merchant account and it doesn't work either. We have been planning on doing a "soft" product announcement here to gauge response before more making a more broad announcement.

I have provided the requested information as to the Paypal information and now have been told that my payment has to be verified.

In the case where members have given you payment information, In good faith, I would go ahead and get their accounts corrected and then take care of the verification later. This approach says we don't trust our members which is always a bad approach to take.

This site has always been my favorite gun related site but for the merchants this issue hurts us. I may have to look at another site to soft launch from as much as I hate to if I can't get this cleared up really really soon.

·
Administrator
13,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keeping this thread up for anyone needing help with this .

·
Super Moderator
14,158 Posts
vb1911 tech support,
A member notified me they had subscribed for site supporter status but did not see the banner activate. My reply was: "When did you pay, and was it through PayPal? It sometimes take a few days. If longer than tha let me know and I'll report it. Thanks for being a forum supporter!"

His reply today was: "I paid 2 days ago so I guess we'll just wait. thanks"

His screen name is CAWC1911. Please research and PM him. Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi, I am said member ... I paid for the supporting member status and now its been 3 days and Ive yet to get upgraded.

·
Administrator
18,581 Posts
Hi, I am said member ... I paid for the supporting member status and now its been 3 days and Ive yet to get upgraded.
You are set now.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
problem with re-newing supporter status

Morning, folks.

I'm stuck.

Just tried to re-new my Supporter status and hit a road block. I went to the "available subscriptions" section, and clicked on the "regular (non-recurring" choice, then went to the right to the "cost block" and scrolled down to "one year, $50.00 USD". Clicked it, but it would not load into the block so I could click "order" and continue to payment.

Tried two or three different times and got stopped at the same place each time.

Help please.

Steve Ehart (Ranger566)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
UPDATE on Site Supporter renewal

Ok, guys. don't know if you made this happen from your end, but I just checked again a few minutes ago to see if it might work-----and I was successful.

I'll check back later to see if all the privileges that come with Supporter status are all turned on.

If you made that happen------THANKS!!!:rock:

Steve (Ranger566)

·
Premium Member
2,864 Posts
I've been using the yearly recurring payment option for my Supporter donation.

It was due and auto paid on the 9th. Same account as in years past. It's not showing up here as of yet.

Concerning PM's; One of the advantages of being a Supporter is increased PM space, some of us use it, and wish we had more :)

When a glitch prevents our Supporter status being applied, we are then over the PM limit provided by regular membership. At that point, we cannot receive or reply to Admin to resolve the issue without deleting PM's. I would have to delete over 100 to get below the regular membership limit.

Not the end of the world I suppose, but not my first choice either, as the glitch is not on my end, and there is nothing I can do to fix it.

As a suggestion, if there is a way to allow PM between Membership and Admin without regard to PM space, that would be a great button to push.

Or, for the duration of this problem, perhaps we could just turn off the PM space limit.

You are welcome to E-mail if you wish. Let me know here if I need to create PM space. Thanks.

·
Administrator
847 Posts
Have you considered archiving your old PM's and downloaded them to your computer? This will keep a record of them in a file, and be able to clear up some PM space.

I have also sent you a PM.

- JB

·
Administrator
13,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We'll get on it . Sorry for the hassle .

When approximately was payment made and was this was for Site Supporter ?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place.....

In my private message-sent folder, I see zero messages sent.
I should see a few dozen.

·
Premium Member
2,864 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place.....

In my private message-sent folder, I see zero messages sent.
I should see a few dozen.
Not really the right thread, but since we are here;

Go to your User Control Panel. Click on "Edit Options". Then scroll down and check the box marked " Save a copy of sent items in my sent items folder by default".

1 - 20 of 88 Posts