1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New (to me) Nightmare Carry. Beautiful and accurate, and so far 100% reliable with hollow points and CMC Powermags (the stock mags jammed up in every way imaginable - but that's another story).

About 50% of the time the slide does not lock back on empty with the Powermags. I find this surprising given the aggressively forward moving follower CMC uses. Anyone with a similar issue or fix? I suppose I can ask Sig to send a new slide stop...

I do not ride the release during firing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Probably slide stop. I've heard of a lot few folks going with a new one from 10-8 Performance that cured their problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Does a new one require fitting? Will it match the other controls on the nightmare in color?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have a fastback carry and the mags that came with it were getting hung up the follower was getting around the slide stop and it would jam the mag and would not lock back on last round. Easy fix I fot a Wilson bullet proof slide stop everything works great now all mags from Sig to Kimber ect all lock back on last round and no more problems with the sig mags. had to put a Wilson in one of my Kimbers also as it would not lock back after the last round. Kimber sent me a new slide stop and it did not work any better but the Wilson works perfectly. The Wilson slide stop, like most others was a drop in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Get the 10-8 Gen II slide stop. I had the same issues with factory sig mags, Wilson 47D's, and a Nighthawk mag. The 10-8 fixed it immediately and dropped right in. I have the non railed Tac PAC btw so I got the blued slide stop and it looks like it came stock.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I picked up the standard stainless WC slide stop for mine at my LGS. Matches perfectly, dropped right in, and works great

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Many of the Sig slide stop notches need to be opened up or the lug needs to be dressed down to allow the round to go by without hitting a round.

Opening the notch by filing on the lug side of it will probably clear this up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts