1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all
My first post, I have a Les Baer Premier11 for some reason after the last round is fired the slide will not lock back.
The factory told me I was using to weak a load so I tried Factory Ammo Federal Premium 230 Grain hydra shok jacketed hollow point. same results
any help will be greatly appreciated
THANKS

·
Registered
570 Posts
magazine

you may have the same trouble I did, depending on the magazine. On my Chip McCormicks, I had to grip the follower with a pair of pliers and twist so the follower pushes the slide stop upward after the last shell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help I'll try a new search.
Les Baer has a different follower they cannot be bent.
I tried a colt Magazine same results

·
Registered
114 Posts
1911me:
With an empty magazine in the gun, pull back the slide. Does the slide stay open ? Are you using a buffer ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clem
Yes to both , it does stay open, & I do use a buffer
I also tried a Colt 7round Magazine

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. Different ammo and magazines made no difference. I sent it back to Baer and they fixed it and returned it with a new free mag. It has worked just fine for about 3000 rounds now. I would send it back.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
I had the same problem with a Springfield milspec.

After I got every tiny thing fixed, and there simply were no more reasons, a friend of mine watched me fire to slide lock, and pointed out that my thumb was very, very close to the slide lock. He hypothesized that I was touching the slide lock during the cycle, and the springs in my magazines simply wasn't strong enough to overcome the weight of my thumb.

I changed my grip, and made a conscious effort to keep my thumb away from the slide lock, by locking it down with my weak hand thumb. The problem went away, instantly.

Now, when it comes back, I remember, make the effort all over again, and it goes away.

Operator error. :grumble:

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all
Very good information, I didn't think it was ok to shoot without a buffer . Any way I sent it back to Les Baer
I'll keep the group posted when I get it back
again THANKS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts