1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ill try to be clear on this, my barrel on the top lugs in battery has between .048 and .050 lock up no movement ;on downwood preasure .side to side is tight,But when I put the slide on and put the gun in lock up, the slide seems to move a few thousands forward and back .:scratch:

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
bob not sure on the measurement but its a new Barsto and Caspian slide.maybe ten thousands.Bob when I dry fire the gun I can see the slide creep forward abit.

·
Premium Member
8,541 Posts
Does this movement take place when you are pushing down on the top of the barrel hood with the barrel and slide in lockup? If it is, then it is the barrel fit in the slide and on the slide stop pin. Specifically, it is the curve of the lower lugs causing the movement, this is because the upper and lower lugs have too much clearance...common on a mil spec barrel assembly.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems the slide comes back about 5 thousandths before the barrel comes unlocked. Do you think I have the wrong link in there? There is no push down on the hood. I have between 0.48 and 0.50 lock up.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts