1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My loaded is very hard to rack with out cocking the hammer first, all others like that?

·
Registered
170 Posts
What model is it? I have a SS Champion, and when new with the 22 lb. stock mainspring, it was a BEAR to cycle the slide. Lightened up and smoothed out nicely after about 200 rounds.

Most likely you just need to lube it and shoot the dickens out of it for a while!

Good Luck!

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines...

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
The "recoil" spring is quite stiff in the new ones. Alos, you never know if you really have the correct one 'til it's been tested.

Good luck...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the imput guys. I've got a full size loaded 9mm s.s. I's got over 1000rds. and I use MIL-TEC to lube. I just had a trigger job done which included a new sear and for the life of me i can't remember if it was hard to rack before, maybe I need to break-in the new sear.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
You may have too strong a recoil spring. It would be easy to get a 16lb in there instead of whatever it should be for the lighter 9mm round...I don't know 12lb?

Someone with 9mm knowledge for this one...What's the proper recoil spring weight for 9mm...?

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

[This message has been edited by gyp_c (edited 07-04-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts