1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Tac Pro II for about 1 month. I've put about 500 rounds downrange with only 3 minor feeding hiccups. Which incidentally mirrors my SIG's first 500 rounds. That being said here is my issue. Last night after placing my new 8 round Wilson mags into my Kimber, I notice I couldn't get the slide release to work on an empty chamber. I then placed a round in the mag placed it back into the gun and let the slide go and it worked just fine. I removed the round from the chamer and place the empty mag back in and the same problem occured, no release on an empty mag. This was the first time this problem has occured. I then tested each one of my mags. I have 3 Wilsons two new 8 rounders and one 7 rounder. The seven rounder Wilson allowed the slide to release. As did the after market Kimber 8 rounder stainless I purchased when I bought the gun. But the 7 rounder standard issue which came with the gun won't when empty won't allow the slide to release either.
This morning I tried each mag again, I found that If I applied enough force to the mag release while holding the slide back the slide will return forward. The problem seems to be between the slide release and the magazine follower, or the area directly under the follower. If I place my finger on top of the follower and apply pressure downward on the follower, the slide will release as well. Any suggestions:confused:

Thanks

· Registered
102 Posts
I have seen this happen before. It occurs with a new mag because the spring in a new mag is very tight and thus holds the slide release up with more force than is necessary. The mag. like the gun needs to break in. It will in a short time and will then release the slide without a great deal of downward force. Your other mags have springs which are not as stiff as that new one. Nothing is wrong with your gun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.