1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting in approx 1000 rounds on my P14-45, the slide stop broke. Is this something that "might" be expected? thanks for your input.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It happened to me. Luckily theres a factory shoot the following day close to where I work. I discuss and showed it ro the rep. and he got my name and address and after a week I got a free replacement. I mailed the slide stop to P-O so they could examine it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input guys. Luckily the gunshop I frequent had an extra slide top that he gave me (for free). I'm back to shooting my P14 again.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm no 1911 expert, yet, but doesn't this mean that the slide stop was exposed to extreme forces.

The kind of forces one might see if the barrel wasn't fitted to the frame/slide correctly.

I know I've seen this posted before.

BenA, do a search of all forums with the key word "slide stop" if you get a chance.

I think it had something to do with the bottom lug of the barrel not contacting the frame recess as designed. Instead, the barrel link stops the rearward travel via the slide stop pin. I may just be talking out my ass though, it's early, and this coffee was made by a wuss!

All the more reason to get a stronger forged slide stop, if it's made. I'm sure the ParaOrd's, as many others, is cast.

Is there a forged slide stop out there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts