1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago I saw advertisements for an ambidextrous slide stop kit out of Washington. I have not found these anywhere. Can they still be found somewhere? Is any gunsmith making them? It would be nice to have this now what the mag release button can be found reversible as well.

Can someone review this piece of kit having tried it before?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm a lefty and actually PREFER the standard slide stop.. I can activate it with my trigger finger without problem, and use my middle finger for mag release..

Some right-handed people have complained that activating the slide stop or mag release forces them to change their grip.. I am able to do both of these operations without changing my grip at all..

Left handed=Right minded!! :biglaugh: ;)

R

·
Registered
60 Posts
well, being ambidexterous, i shoot both hands. i can and do actuate all the necessary stuff with my left hand, but, you know, that is the same reason i put ambi thumb safeties on, the "grip shift" is natural to me, i do it even shooting left handed. i thought i remembered hearing about ambi slide stops, but haven't found anything on them recently. if anyone finds something out, let us know!

keep your powder dry and your blades sharp,
chris

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've often herd them descibed as "the most worthless modification for a 1911" and "A solution looking for a problem," both were said by southpaws I met at the range.

But, I personally have no experaince with them.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
The standard 1911 slide stop is already in perfect position for release by the left hand index finger!

·
Registered
427 Posts
With standard grip safety (no beavertail), the stock mil-spec 1911 is perfect for me as a lefty in all respects for control layout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts