1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand new to 1911's and just bought a SA loaded... I disassembled it with some difficulty (barrel bushing whew!) I followed the manual to the letter. However on reassembly I'm not sure if I got the slide stop through the hole in the barrel link.. My question is ... can you pull the slide back and lock it if the slide stop is not in the right place???? On my Rugers you cannot... I was able to put a magazine in and it stripped off a round.. with an empty magazine in the slide will lock back.... Thanks for your help :confused:

·
Registered
589 Posts
If you cannot pull the slide forward off the frame, then you most likely properly installed the slide stop pin in the barrel link.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm new to 1911's as well and just purchased my first, a Springfield Loaded. What kind of problems did you have or what tips would you offer? I haven't had the time to disassmble it yet, but will before I go shoot it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Top Notch I recommend getting a barrel bushing removal tool.. unless you have a large callous on your thumb. Trying to keep the recoil spring compressed and trying to turn the bushing was probably the most difficult . Second part was making sure barrel was in correct position in order to pull slide off forward toward the muzzle end.. I don't think that will be a problem next time....BTW thanks Tim

·
Premium Member
20,304 Posts
Buy Bill Wilson's "1911 Auto Maintenance Manual", it's a wonderful little book. Check the link above to M1911.org also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to let you all know, I went to the range and the gun functioned flawlessly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts