1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been shootin' 1911's a long time, but I'm no gun smith.

My brand new Para's slide stop works its way just loose enough to impede the slide and cause malfunctions and of course, fail to lock the slide open.

Actually, I was fortunate enough to discover this while doing some dry firing drills.

I've written Para about getting another slide stop. I've got a match this weekend but I don't want to shoot the gun with the current slide stop in it.

I have another 1911, that I will not be shooting in the match,,,,for this weekend I could just use the other slide stop from my other 1911,,,right?

It should just "drop-in" right?

Thanks,
H4444

·
Registered
149 Posts
I you shoot SWC-shape bullets, no problem. If you shoot RN-shape bullets they might catch prematurly on the slightly different shape on the std. 45. slide stop. The Para slide stop has an inward curve on the mag. follower catch. Good luck!

[This message has been edited by 10mmfan (edited 09-27-2001).]

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have Wilson Combat Slide Stops in both my Paras and they work fine with all ammo.

------------------
14 is better than 8

·
Registered
253 Posts
You're just gettin' started, but I have Wilson bullet proofs in my Para's that I used to use. They worked fine with all ammo types, but had to modify the steps on my followers to keep from locking back premie with either SWC or RNFMJ.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI,,,,

Kudos to Para's quality service and customer service staff.

Their quality manager saw my post online and proactively sought out the email I sent with their customer service group.

My new slide stop is on the way. I'll probably shoot my match this weekend with my single stack,,,,but its IDPA so the additional capacity probably won't be missed quite as much as if it were an IPSC match.

Thanks much for the proactive customer service,,,,,many service providers/companies could stand to learn a lesson from how Para-Ordnance has handled this.

It is that kind of courtesy and proactive attention that I can really appreciate.

Thanks,
H4444

·
Registered
131 Posts
On my P-14 I filled the underside notch
where the the engagement of the slide stop
& mag follwer is, with JB weld. Filed it
to be flush with the next highest step.
Works much better now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts