1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I just got back from the range with my Bo recon and I noticed that the slide stop had worked its way out of its normal position of holding the two main pieces of the firearm together.... And that now with the gun loaded, round chambered, hammer back, I can push the pin with my index finger and it will pop out of its track even though the slide is at full battery.. It is also loose and during rapid fire will wobble and has scratched the finish on the slide... My other 1911's both SA's hold the slide stop in place untill the little notch is properly placed. I have less than 150 rounds through this gun and need help.

Thanks much
Aaron.

·
Registered
574 Posts
THAT is impressive, been on the fence [long time Colt guy] for a while now, Mr. Tomasie just pushed me off to the Para side! And with the promo good till 12-31-13?, I am in for a expert commander.
Best, enjoy Thanksgiving [ my longtime personal favorite]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just sent it back on Monday they should get it tomorrow the 27th. I will post back on here once I get an idea as to what is going on and when it will be back in my hands. I am VERY impressed with the cs that para has shown me and Ed on their side was very very prompt and also kicks ass.

Aaron.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks for the info post. It is always good to hear if there is a problem with a Para, Travis is always there to help. I hope you get it back quickly and problem is solved. Have fun with your new gun. Will be waiting for a range report.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Recon replacement

Well just heard back from CS. They informed me that the frame on the pistol is out of spec/tweaked, and that they will be building me a new pistol but it is unknown as to when they will get all the parts together in order to build it...:hrm: now its cool that they are making me a new gun, but now I have to break in a new one... Wait I get to break in a new one!:D this isn't the only recon that has had to be re-built on a new frame. Was told to call back Monday to get a def time frame. I miss my baby...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: cs just let me know that my baby is on its way back to me and will be at my door on Thursday. When asked what all was done to it was told the following,
1- frame out of spec and replaced
2- feed ramp cut into frame and polished barrel ramp.
3- all new internals and new ambi safety(finish issue I didn't even know about)
4- New mag springs and follower(one bent out of spec, I didn't notice)
5- 8 full mags run through it 4 slow for and 4 rapid to test.
Wow these guys really went over it with a fine toothed comb. I am very impressed. Shoutout to Doug for keeping me in the loop. Now to re-break it in. Will post again once I get it in hand and get back from the range.
-Aaron

Ps para cs rocks!

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Wow - if all that was wrong with your pistol in the first place, how did it end up out the door?

Customer service is nice. But quality control trumps CS any day.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wow - if all that was wrong with your pistol in the first place, how did it end up out the door?

Customer service is nice. But quality control trumps CS any day.
I'd have to disagree.

Any company can make a lemon, no matter what the end product is.A friend of mine bought a brand new M1 BMW, and the motor puked its guts at mile 102.Turned out the factory in Germany put in a defective crankcase.The bad news is, the company tried to dodge honoring the warranty for their mistake.He wound up escalating to BMWs US Executive Office before the company fixed the car.

A company with 99.9% QC and bogus CS is worthless if you're "the 1%"!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't mind, I am getting a completely new firearm so as long as it functions properly with little to no issues I will be a happy camper, my only complaint is the waiting... I don't wait so well.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
WOW!!!!! You sent it in and they got it on the 27th, rebuilt it and you are already getting it back!! I sent my P-12 Limited in on the 11/21 and have not heard a peep other than confirming that they received it when I called last week ?????????????

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Call weekly for status updates, remember squeaky wheels get the oil. I am not saying be a constant pain, but when you call ask for status updates if possible. It worked for me. Though they basically gave me a whole new pistol so it may differ depending on what is wrong with yours Erikk. All you can do is ask.
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Call weekly for status updates, remember squeaky wheels get the oil. I am not saying be a constant pain, but when you call ask for status updates if possible. It worked for me. Though they basically gave me a whole new pistol so it may differ depending on what is wrong with yours Erikk. All you can do is ask.
-Aaron
FTF, Stovepipes, all types of ammo & new factory mags with new wolf springs

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well got it back, took it to the range, ran 100 rds of pdx1, tons of ftf's, golden sabers, same, Winchester white box, same... Now guess what? It's going back. The mags I sent them didn't come back with the gun,these look like they have gone to war and back. And finally they didn't address the finish problem where the out of spec frame caused the slide stop to chatter and removed the coating to bare metal.... Called got rma but not happy.so much for me doing the Christmas shoot with my new 45. Grrrr..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts