1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of changing the slide-stop of my STI Tactical and Sentinel 1911 pistols. Anyway, could anyone out here please suggest or recommend to me good after market slide-stops?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
20,345 Posts
Agreed. So is Ed Brown's upper level. But what is wrong with your stock ones? STI makes good parts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a RIA officers model that I use as one of my concealed carry's, originally it had some issues. I changed out the slide to a RIA tactical, put a Wilson Combat firing pin & spring, WC extractor, EGW guide rod kit & WC flat spring... It's runs perfectly now.

My only issue is that the slide release occasionally catches my hand and locks the slide back when I'm out practicing. I'm used to the slide release on my Sig Operator, it's pretty slim and never catches anything... Obviously practice & getting used to a new tool is important, but I was wondering if the WC slide release is slimmer??

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
+1, I have Harrison slide stops in all but one of my 1911s and that one is a 1962 Jim Clark Hardball gun where it just wouldn't look right. I put a Wilson in it when I had the gun rebuilt a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wilson Combat bullet proof in both of mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take a look at night hawk as well. I am running their thumb safety and slide stop in a full custom Karl Sokol build, and they are very nice quality parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts