1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- I'm new to the forum but have been a reader for a long time, and I have a question not seen here yet.
With a chambered round in my Range Officer 45ACP, I hear a slight echo-like rattle in the chamber. I've had some issues with ejection at the range, but the last few times is like one round out of 100, and it's not a particular mag, and it's not premium ammo or reloads, just white box, Blazer, whatever's on sale. I did the empty case test in the extractor,(it seems fine)and I clean it after every range session. Could the noise be a serious problem? It's been there since day one- the gun is about 4 years old. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Welcome to 1911forum.

What’s the nature of the ejection issue?

·
Premium Member
15,520 Posts
You need to flesh this thing out some. Do you mean with a loaded pistol just laying there, it makes noises? Okay, that's silly, but you have to say how it happens. So, what are you doing to the pistol to cause this sound? are you shaking it? Does it happen during firing? I have an idea that it might be ammo in the magazine rattling but that's a wild guess without more info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need to flesh this thing out some. Do you mean with a loaded pistol just laying there, it makes noises? Okay, that's silly, but you have to say how it happens. So, what are you doing to the pistol to cause this sound? are you shaking it? Does it happen during firing? I have an idea that it might be ammo in the magazine rattling but that's a wild guess without more info.
Even the slightest movement makes hollow/ echoy/rattling noise(hard to describe)from barrel when round chambered. Like the round is moving slightly in the chamber. I just wonder if that is normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even the slightest movement makes hollow/ echoy/rattling noise(hard to describe)from barrel when round chambered. Like the round is moving slightly in the chamber. I just wonder if that is normal.
It's not the magazine- the sound comes from the barrel only with round chambered.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Take the barrel out and insert a live bullet and see how loose it fits.

Maybe you hearing the slide rattle on the frame?

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Welcome to the 1911 forum from Italy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts