1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done shooting my CQB compact with the new Wilson slim black diamond wood grips. grips have slots in them and are smooth as opposed to the checkering. they work well,look nice and of course feel different.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hmmmm,
They sound interesting, But I cannot find them on the WC website .. I just installed
some thin grips on my KimberEclipse, but
they are just the typical doublediamond rosewood.

Best

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SouthGun, the grips are not on the web site or in the catalog. They are a new part,you can call and order them $59.95

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello Joee,
Thanks for the fast reply.
When you said that they have 'slots and are smooth', can you be more descriptive ?

Sounds like I may give WC a call if they are
open tomorrow !!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I have both CMC and Wilson thin grips. Of the CMC, I have checkered and smooth. The Wilson grips are by far the thinnest. As for the CMC grips, the thin smooth grips appear to be the same blanks, but without checkering, so they actually are just a tad thicker than the CMC checkered grips.

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
It sounds as if the stocks described by JOEE are made by Ahrends. Ahrends' slim stocks have a series of grooves, running lengthwise, machined in them. Ahreands also offers stocks made of the resin-stabilized "Dymondwood". Sometimes Don Williams has the Ahrends slim stocks in stock at his www.pickagrip.com website.

The earlier Wilson thin stocks were clearly OEM'd by AFS Slim-Tech. It sounds likely that they've turned to Ahrends for these.

Rosco

[This message has been edited by Rosco Benson (edited 11-22-2001).]

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AS I SAID THEY ARE SMOOTH WITH SLOTS MILLED IN THEM(LENGTH). THEY ARE MORE OF A GRAY/BLACK COLOR(WOULD LOOK GREAT WITH THE GREY/BLACK COATING ON THE GUN). I CHECKED OTHER GRIP SITES AND DIDN'T SEE ANY LIKE THEM.SEEMS AS I GET A BIT HIGHER HOLD WITH THEM. I'VE PROBABLY GOT AN AVERAGE SIZE HAND. I TEND TO HOLD HIGH ON MY GRIP.THESE ARE THE SLIMEST GRIPS I'VE EVER HANDLED. I'M TRYING TO GET THE SAME FEEL THAT I'VE GOT WITH MY FULL SIZE WILSON BUT I THINK THAT PROBABLY THE TWO PISTOLS ARE DIFFERENT ENOUGH IN SIZE THAT EACH WILL HAVE IT'S OWN FEEL. I DO LIKE THE SLIM GRIPS BETTER THAN THE STOCK ONES AND THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN CONTROL IN FACT I MIGHT BE SHOOTING A TAD BETTER (HARD TO TELL WITH SUCH A GREAT PISTOL) P.S. SORRY FOR THE CAPS DIDN'T REALIZE TILL I WAS DONE

·
Registered
67 Posts
hello joee,
thanks, i will try a pair - they will work well on this brushed silver black gun.

i am neutralizing all those caps <laugh>

Best

1 - 8 of 8 Posts