1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Springfield M1A with a Turner National Match leather sling. This is a high quality 1 1/4" sling and mounting is possible on the M1A, or the AR15 for that matter, due to the 1 1/4" sling attachment loops on the rifle. I have a stainless Ruger Mini 14 and would love to put a Turner Sling on it, except the sling attachment loops on the Mini 14 are ony 1" and Turner only makes slings in 1 1/4". Does anybody know of another company who makes a sling of the type and quality of a Turner but in 1" instead of 1 1/4". Or even better, does anybody know of a way to retrofit the Mini 14 with 1 1/4" sling attachment loops so I can just use a Turner sling. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Dear Sundance,

The rear swivel should be easy enough to change by removing it and screwing the 1 1/4" swivel into place. The front swivel is a little more problematic as it is mounted through a hole which is built into the rifle. What I'd do if I were you is to investigate whether a QD (quick detach) swivel would fit through the same hole. If so your problem will be solved with an Uncle Mike's 1 1/4" QD swivel. You might also consider asking a gunsmith if he could make you one or mount the loop from a 1 1/4" swivel in the Mini's mounting hole. Good luck. Gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts