1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear alot about sling use with rifles and the good it can do, but I am clueless in this subject. Can anyone post a site or source of info on sling technique?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Col. "Jeff" Cooper's "The Art of the Rifle" book would be a good place to start.

Most of the best commercial schools *are* commercial operations - hence if you go to a website for "Gunsite" or the like, they'll have a few photos on their website, but nothing that resembles any kind of online "instruction" in the fullest sense - you have to book in for one of their courses.

But this site for the "Ching Sling" is pretty good... http://home.netcom.com/~chingesh/chingsling.html#CSling

(I know, WHAT site is pretty good? - there, amended)

[This message has been edited by LAK (edited 08-18-2001).]

·
Registered
83 Posts
I put a ching sling setup on my 10-22, it works good.

My M1A milspec sling is another matter. Its just a carrying sling to me but I hear rumors that they used em' for shooting slings also. I have tried different techniques with this sling and cant get it, too uncomfortable.

Is there a tecnique for the use of this sling? Sources, Tips?

------------------
"Always place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark"
Lazarus Long

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Edward,

I don't have one, but I would imagine some Army or Marine manuals for the M1 Garand, the M14 etc might have some on the subject. Or some of the 1950's/60's materials for military matches etc.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The milspec sling on my government issue Garand was very effective. Later when sporterizing a couple of Mausers, I outfitted both with leather military type slings. They are quick to get in and out of for shooting and are very steady. If you are doing a lot of bullseye shooting versus hunting/plinking I imagine you could get very specialized in this area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts