1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering having Kimber's custom shop do a "small hands pkg" on my 9mm Stainless target II; has anyone had this modification done on their Kimber, and were you happy with their work? Thanx.

Nero

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
nero,
I haven't had it done, but I'm considering it for my wife on the exact same gun so please let me know how it turns out if you send yours in. Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tell me about the "small hands " package. I just brought a kimber Stainless target 9mm for my niece(13 yrs old) this sounds interesting.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Duh!

Ever thought of installing a flat MSH, Ultra thin grips, and a short trigger?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mr gadget,
The small hands pkg includes: short trigger, thin grips, beavertail (I don't know if that means a different style/size beavertail than comes on the pistol originally) price $209.95. The pistol already comes with a flat MSH.---I'm just wondering how is the quality of Kimbers custom shop modifications, and if anyone has had this mod. done on their pistol, were they happy with it?

Pampers, ever consider civility? Not everyone has the benefit of your experience and expertise.

Nero

·
Registered
622 Posts
Mia Culpa!

No offence intended! It just sounds to me like an ourtagious price for a kit consisting of a couple of simple parts. Much like the price Ace Customs gets for a .45 Super Conversion Kit (An $8 recoil spring.)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
If that price includes an Ed Brown beavertail with the frame refinished, then it may not be a bad price at all.

If price is a consideration and you are not sure how thin you really want it, you might try the short trigger and thin grips first and see how it fits you. If you can have it done locally, you will save shipping costs also.

If it's not thin enough, the brown beavertail does help IMO by bringing the hand in deeper and higher. I would have that done by someone that does it with regularity...and well.

If I recall, Ted Yost's website has several "packages" for a thinner 1911. You might want to check that out or talk to him about dimensions, thickness, etc.

I have no experience with either company in custom work.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your responses. I've checked out Ted Yost's web site. I've also seen some photos of some of his work on 1911's and Hi-Power's---very impressive! I'm not sure who I'll send it to (Kimber or Mr. Yost). Either way looks like it's going to have to wait until after the holidays---son's got quite a christmas wish list!

Nero

1 - 9 of 9 Posts