1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any suggestions for a small pistol case that would meet airline requirements for packing inside another checked piece of luggage?

I have a perfectly good case -- I'm just trying to find something smaller.

Thanks.

Gene.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you want a soft case Waller makes an airline approved bag. It has a heavy duty zipper and lock like a bank bag.

If you want a hard case Pelican and Starlight make some smaller cases for one handgun and mags.

I think the major requirement for FAA is the case be locked with a padlock or integral lock. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
479 Posts
"ICC" (Impact Case Company) makes some aluminium cases, i have the 4 pistol case, but they make a one pistolcase.. Flat dense inside foam, rubber seems, lockable, airline approved, And they offer a slip for it so it will look more like a suitcase.. I don`t have there link, but the number is (509-467-3303)
It`s in Spokane WA. -Gilmore

------------------
ME,WE!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help, guys.

Both of these companies have some neat gear. The Waller case <www.wallerandson.com> is more like what I was looking for -- something I could tuck inside another bag without it taking up half the space.

The Impact Case Co. cases <www.kkair.com> are really neat, for those who haven't seen them. They look tough as hell, and the slips you mentioned make them look just like a small softside bag or a duffel. They look (from the pix on the web page) like they'd be perfect for carrying long guns.

One more question: I thought the airline approved cases had to be hard-side. Is this not the case? Not doubting what you said; just that I thought I'd understood differently. Anyone know where to find an authoritative answer -- airlines? FAA?

Thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
In light of the current atmosphere about security in airports, I would triple check with the airlines and airport that you plan on flying. You would not want to spend 3 hours in line just to find out there is no way they will let you take a gun in the luggage compartment for "security" reasons.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hey Charleton, i went to the link you put up, and i dont think that is the ICC place i was talking about, those things look like trunks lol.. I trying to find the link.. -Gilmore

------------------
ME,WE!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts