1911Forum banner

Small primer 45 ACP brass

664 25
Searched high and low for small primer brass because of an over abundance of small primers and because large primers are way to high if you can find them .Ran across bison brass on the web their prices seemed 10-12 dollars less than others got 500 pcs for $56 that included shipping I ordered Friday afternoon package on my doorstep 2 hrs ago . Pretty good I’d say
Packing materials Font Packaging and labeling Box Rectangle
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Although there's no real reason to do it, if I was interested in "hot rodding" the .45 ACP, I'd prolly start with SPP brass and use SRP primers in them, for a bit of added safety.
As for me, when I find them, I put them aside in a box marked for them, in case my LPP supply runs out or low. One never knows.

Reactions: Michael W Cuber

· Premium Member
1,140 Posts
This should certainly grab Metro 45's attention since he loves his SPP .45 brass. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

$18 for 250 SPP .45 brass below at Once Fired Brass. No idea on what shipping will be.
With the shipping they’d probably work out pretty close—that’s a heck of a deal for $18 for 250 cases. Have you ever ordered from them?
Was the Bison Brass new?

· Registered
1,022 Posts
With the shipping they’d probably work out pretty close—that’s a heck of a deal for $18 for 250 cases. Have you ever ordered from them?
Was the Bison Brass new?
I've ordered brass from them (oncefiredbrass.com). A few years ago, I ordered 3k of once fired .45 Starline brass. At that time, it was $12.50 per 250 pieces. Shipping was around $20 using a large flat rate box. Brass is more expensive now, but this is a reputable place. If you don't see what you're looking for on the website, call them and they will update the website where you can order.

I see they have S&B LPP .45 brass for $17.50/250. I'd buy this if I needed .45 LPP brass. I don't have any issues with S&B tight primer pockets. Loads just fine for me.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was the Bison Brass new?
Bison brass is range brass but so far looks to be pretty good while depriming it seeing any dings at all that once fire brass looks like a hell of a good deal wish I’d have run across it while I was searching but the 500 I got should be fine.
Was the Bison Brass new?

· Registered
568 Posts
I’ve swapped 3 bricks of cci spp for bricks of cci lpp, one at a gunshow to a dealer i knew and the others to a 9mm reloader buddy. I kept my srp as i can use them in 45acp brass with small primers and my .300 Ham’r .

· Registered
13,728 Posts
This should certainly grab Metro 45's attention since he loves his SPP .45 brass. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Don’t think for a minute that you can fly under the radar by calling me “Metro” 😜
Besides, there was a very simple solution here…..buy more damn large primers before Joe gets into office!! If you use up or trade off all of your small primers, then you can’t play with anything that requires them!! Screwed either way!! 🤬 small primed 45 #@*%…….

· Premium Member
190 Posts
Thanks for the information with regards to Bison Brass. Checked their website and ordered 1K 9mm and 1K 223. And with free shipping plus a 25% discount just for ordering their overstock this is a GREAT DEAL...
I've not seen prices like this in a L O N G time.

· Registered
646 Posts
I've picked up small primer 45acp brass for years and all is name brand but I've never loaded any. I have maybe 2 large coffee cans full. Seems like CCI was the first. The 4 different size flash holes in the large ones drive me up the wall building target loads.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've picked up small primer 45acp brass for years and all is name brand but I've never loaded any. I have maybe 2 large coffee cans full. Seems like CCI was the first. The 4 different size flash holes in the large ones drive me up the wall building target loads.
Nothin wrong with it especially if you’ve got an over abundance of small primers just hard on old eyes splitting it up from large primer holes

· Registered
SPP forever!
3,670 Posts
Weird.. I've been using the same resized SPP/45auto brass (all once-fired at least) over and over.. Only a few have cracked (at the mouth) - but that never shows until I do the flare/drop.

If I can get the speer stuff cheap, I will - but I am too cheap to pay them for new brass I'll likely lose in the boulders where I have been shooting.

· Registered
228 Posts
Weird.. I've been using the same resized SPP/45auto brass (all once-fired at least) over and over.. Only a few have cracked (at the mouth) - but that never shows until I do the flare/drop.

If I can get the speer stuff cheap, I will - but I am too cheap to pay them for new brass I'll likely lose in the boulders where I have been shooting.
$15/100

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First I've seen of anyone wanting 45 SPP brass.

I sell off excess brass but never bothered to list the SPP brass. Here it's OFB they leave behind at the range. Guess I'll have to see how much of that I have and list it.
I tell ya with the price of large primers and having a bucket full of small ones it’s way cheaper for me to buy range brass with small primer holes ! Seeing large primers around here selling for $12 -100 I just refuse to pay that much and what small primer brass I’ve got already loaded just made sense for me . First time to buy any range brass but I’m happy with it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts