1911Forum banner
141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
14,121 Posts
^^^
😆I’ll bet that he really meant he would then possibly consider it trustworthy. But without any desire to buy one.😄

Reactions: flintlock62

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
My only question is will weasel states (like NJ) 'grandfather" regular firearms once "smart" :rolleyes: gun tech actually hits the gun store shelves.

My bet is not. After all, being forced into owning only "smart" :rolleyes: gun technology "technically" :rolleyes: satisfies the right to own arms.

·
Registered
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
My only question is will weasel states (like NJ) 'grandfather" regular firearms once "smart" :rolleyes: gun tech actually hits the gun store shelves.

My bet is not. After all, being forced into owning only "smart" :rolleyes: gun technology "technically" :rolleyes: satisfies the right to own arms.
Old no-seatbelt vehicles still on the roads, but insurances must be a bear.
Maybe the govt offers to do a buyback on guns that do have such tech.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
You're right. Notice the quip I added about changing my flintlocks into smart guns? Really think I would do that?:rolleyes:
I do not know but they might make it a requirement too. The NJ law, as I understand it, applies to all guns no matter their age.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Old no-seatbelt vehicles still on the roads, but insurances must be a bear.
Maybe the govt offers to do a buyback on guns that do have such tech.
Buyback with what? New Jersey is strapped for cash now with taking care of illegals and basically being a sanctuary state for criminal activity.

No, my bet is megalomaniac Murphy just saying "Grandfathering, my ass."

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
I doubt Arkansas law will ever be as bad as NJ. What? No silencer on that flintlock?
How about needing a FOID card to legally buy a Red Ryder B.B. gun (if you wanted to put a silencer on that?). :LOL:

Potato cannon in NJ? Show me your class III license, Bucko. :whistle:

·
Registered
125 Posts
How about needing a FOID card to legally buy a Red Ryder B.B. gun (if you wanted to put a silencer on that?). :LOL:

Potato cannon in NJ? Show me your class III license, Bucko. :whistle:
I'm glad i don't live in Ill annoy! NJ is the arm pit of communism. Could be that it's actually a lower part of the human anatomy.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
I'm glad i don't live in Ill annoy! NJ is the arm pit of communism. Could be that it's actually a lower part o the human anatomy.
Well, you could draw a penis on it (around Atlantic City), and it would somehow seem appropriate. :LOL:

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Just had another thought. My 2018 f350 has way to many sensors and circuits. My hood-ajar micro switch sensor failed. Caused issues with remote start and the worthless alarm. Electronics are a when not if it will fail item. To be fair, most things fall into the same category. However a gun used for defense needs to be as reliable as possible. Simple is best.
DC electronics, specifically automotive applications, is my world. Generally very reliable, but they fail enough that I have a job. So there is that.

Nice truck. Is it a power stroke?

·
Registered
434 Posts
DC electronics, specifically automotive applications, is my world. Generally very reliable, but they fail enough that I have a job. So there is that.

Nice truck. Is it a power stroke?
Last truck was. This isnt. Def crystallizes to easily if not driven enough. Mine sits for a couple weeks at a time. Btw, I ran wires to each other at the switch. No more problems.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Last truck was. This isnt. Def crystallizes to easily if not driven enough. Mine sits for a couple weeks at a time. Btw, I ran wires to each other at the switch. No more problems.
Interesting. I've not seen any problems with after treatment systems having problems from sitting. Maybe it's a climate thing or something.

Have seen problems with people filling the fuel tank with def fluid though. Seen that quite a few times. Very costly mistake.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

141 - 154 of 154 Posts