1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to know if Smith and Alexander are still in business?? I bought a .250 jig of theirs from Brownells a few years ago, but now I need a .220, and S and A's website is like something out of 1998!! Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called and talked to them as recently as 2 months ago. I was looking for an aluminum extended magwell and got some super customer service from them.
That's good to know. Thanks for letting me know. When I looked at their website last night, it was already past their business hours, so I couldn't call to ask them directly. The previous S&A items I bought were all purchased through Brownells, so last night was the first time I had actually ever looked at their website. 👍

·
Registered
771 Posts
Their website may look a little aged, but their products and customer service are excellent. Over the years I've used them for 6 or 8 grip safeties, MSH's, and mag wells on new builds and rebuilds.

Old guys like me prefer to talk to someone who actually knows 1911's compared to some young guy with a beautiful website who grew up playing video games fantasizing about plastic guns and zombies.

Oh sorry, I started to show my age and intolerance!!!:mad:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Their website may look a little aged, but their products and customer service are excellent. Over the years I've used them for 6 or 8 grip safeties, MSH's, and mag wells on new builds and rebuilds.

Old guys like me prefer to talk to someone who actually knows 1911's compared to some young guy with a beautiful website who grew up playing video games fantasizing about plastic guns and zombies.

Oh sorry, I started to show my age and intolerance!!!:mad:
I get it!! I'm an old guy too!! I have a pistol with one of their grip safeties on it, and I used their .250 radius jig with it. But I bought them both through Brownells several years ago, and Brownells is out of stock on both the .220 safety and the .220 radius jig, so I went to S&A's website, and was a little taken aback!😄 But I have no problem calling them...I'm just glad to know that they're still in business!! Ain't no plastic guns in THIS guy's safe!!😉

·
Registered
Several
78 Posts
If you talk to them, you'll learn that one of the partners (Smith, I think) departed the business some time ago, leaving Alexander (I think) to run the business by himself. The business is in a small town east of Dallas, and employs either ONLY the owner, or else the owner and one other individual. Regardless, the owner (an elderly gentleman - I can say that because I'm elderly, too, although gentlemen is in the eye of the beholder) is incredibly knowledgeable about 1911s and is willing to talk with you at great length.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you talk to them, you'll learn that one of the partners (Smith, I think) departed the business some time ago, leaving Alexander (I think) to run the business by himself. The business is in a small town east of Dallas, and employs either ONLY the owner, or else the owner and one other individual. Regardless, the owner (an elderly gentleman - I can say that because I'm elderly, too, although gentlemen is in the eye of the beholder) is incredibly knowledgeable about 1911s and is willing to talk with you at great length.
Oh, NO!!! We might NEVER get off the phone, then, because everyone I know will tell you that I'll talk your ears off!!😄

1 - 11 of 11 Posts