1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought the people here would be able to steer me the right way.

I'm still waiting for delivery of my Kimber Ultra CDP.

I was also thinking about adding a CS 45 (Chief Special .45 ACP). My local gun shop will charge me a non refundable $35 just to order the gun in to hold. If I don't like it, good bye $35. I have seen the 9mm and .40 models but I hear the .45 is wider and holds different?
Has anyone used one before? Please shed any light that may help me in buying one. I hear the grip is short but you can get the extended mags to allow the little finger to stay on the grip better?
Good carry gun?
Accurate?
Any problems in general?

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
The grip is wider from "front to back", which, in my opinion, makes it less comfortable than the other models. Don't remember that much about it, didn't keep it that long. Reliability was fine, but for some reason it just didn't turn my crank after I got it home. Just my opinion, but I think I'd shop around a little more. If you're set on a Smith, how about one of the Tactical Models.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have a 908... so the tactical would be similar. Thye are getting bigger size wise.

I was intrigued by the size... thought it would make a good carry gun.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Look for S&W 457. .45 cal DA less expensive than .45 CS. Feels and fits hand better (to me anyway) Check on holster avail for CS.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I can't in good conscience buy a NIB S&W. Aside from that, I don't like slide mounted controls. I can't offer anything other than those two remarks. I've owned several S&W's and never had a problem with anything, I think the 5906 was a great 9mm, smaller than most full size, full capacity guns etc.

Those two things I mentioned prevent me from considering the post agreement pistols.

Let your conscience be your guide.

(For those of you who are going to tell me that the new ownership doesn't plan to enforce the agreement. that's not the same thing as BREAKING!!!! the agreement. If the get rid of that one thing I have several revolvers I'd love to buy.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I bought mine in when they first came out for $345. You can post a WTB used on several sites, or look for used one locally. CDNN has some used DAO Smiths as well.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Great gun, if they'd just put a different safety on it and allow for "cocked and locked" carry like HK did. Sure is a pretty little piece, isn't it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had a CS9 at one time. The gun shot well enough. It also concealed pretty well and fits just about any holster designed for a Glock 19 perfect. The one thing I didnt like about it was the grips. There was no replacement for the factory hogue rubber grips.

The CS40 and the CS45 seem much bigger, and I would suspect the same is true for options on grips, etc. Unless you have huge hands, your grip should not be an issue on the 45. The CS9 maybe, but not the 45. I dont find the CS45 to be small at all. A compact 1911 definitely has less of a gripframe. I dont have any idea if there is a holster out there that will fit the CS40 or the CS45.

You might also want to take a look at a Sig P245, if you are looking specifically for a smaller DA/SA 45ACP auto. Hope this helps, good luck..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts