1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
"I've become increasingly convinced that almost all of the people inclined to do that, already are. Drugs aren't hard to get for those who want them. Meanwhile the failed "war on drugs" devours massive resources, contributes to the erosion of our rights, created much if not most of our violent crime, and makes criminals here and abroad rich."

....... I am too. Having been to the Netherlands - and all over much of europe over many years I have to say it is matter of fact. While seeing what goes on in some cafe's in Holland might have some shock value to some people - it is really not that far removed from what happens in pubs, parks, and elsewhere on the streets in Germany, France etc.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Mus,

I think the bottom line is (speaking of europe) is that it is there if you go looking for it. That is; you can buy it, smoke it, go places and watch people smoke it, and there is very little emphasis on any police action. But whichever the case, you have to go looking for it.

Most people who dislike the idea, simply avoid the people, areas and places it is prevalent. Many are simply somewhat ignorant of it go about their lives somewhat oblivious to it.

Rather than "legalize" it though, I would prefer a decriminalization of personal use - and concentrate on hitting those who import the more dangerous stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.