1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a piece on PBS this afternoon and while they did not want to say "smokers are
at a higher risk", that was the strong implication. Has anyone heard or seen statistics
on those that have died, as to the percentage that smoked?

Either the two doctors in that piece are out to lunch, or they may have found one
contributing causation for how serious a case you get.

My bet is that big tobacco will do everything they can to squelch all of that information.
(UNLESS it is not a factor . . . where they will be very happy to publicise it)

·
Premium Member
13,329 Posts
Smoking is not wise under the best situations....And yes, most of the doctors are saying it significantly increases risk to CV9.

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
I was a heavy heavy smoker for 32 years. I have now been an x smoker for 8 years. Stress, smoking and a massive heart attack and now I have COPD. I went to my pharmacy to get my breathing meds filled like normal and almost all are back ordered. This pretty much tells the story that people that have been effected are needing to be treated by these lung medicines. Once you develop any type of lung degradation then you already have damage and that will make you more susceptible to that type of issue.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
After over 30 years of personal research with cigarettes I can honestly say smoking is bad for your health. Thankfully I quit, but I would not want to catch this virus after smoking all those years.

I wouldn't want to catch it with good lungs.

·
Premium Member
8,855 Posts
They shut down the Vape and Smoke shops in Florida as non-essential businesses. One shop owner who refused to close was arrested a few days ago.

I'm not sure if this is the best course of action. People are addicted to nicotine, and many of the large pharmacies and stores have stop selling e-cigarettes, leaving these small shops as the only source.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts