1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is embarassing, but I have some a-zoom snap caps and can't figure out how to use these guys. First I dropped a single snap cap in the chamber. Remembering that I souldn't drop a slide on a chambered round - extractor woes sure to befall - I stopped that process there and then and began loading the mag with a-zoom. These guys don't seem to be made to be mag-fed, they kept hanging up on the lips. So thas far no snap-caps in my 45.

Is there a trick to this?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
438 Posts
romulus said:
This is embarassing, but I have some a-zoom snap caps and can't figure out how to use these guys. First I dropped a single snap cap in the chamber. Remembering that I souldn't drop a slide on a chambered round - extractor woes sure to befall - I stopped that process there and then and began loading the mag with a-zoom. These guys don't seem to be made to be mag-fed, they kept hanging up on the lips. So thas far no snap-caps in my 45.

Is there a trick to this?

Thanks in advance
You have cheap mags. I use A-Zoom snap caps with Wilson
47D and CMC Power mags. I have no problems.

I did have problems with MecGar mags which came with
my Valtro :rolleyes: I would have thrown them out except I
want to keep all original equipment, case and box in case
these Valtros rise in value in the future. ;)

So, my advice is to get better mags. I have 30 (6 packs) of
snap-caps. I've used them all until the lips are worn through to
bare aluminum, without problems.

Cheers,

Jae

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are in fact Mec-gars. They have been flawless in their functioning with all kinds of ammo.

Thanks for your reply. I don't know when I'll spring for Wilson mags...

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have MecGars and I wouldn't call them cheap. They were inexpensive but are 100% reliable. Romulus, try putting a snap cap in the magazine and inserting the magazine into the gun. Now rack the slide and let it go. That should feed it in.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give it another shot...my first snap-cap is buggered beyond belief for doing just that.

Thanks for your replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts