1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to buy a new (used) gun this weekend (early Christmas present) and would like to get it into the house without the standard hassle that goes along with a new gun. Where did you get that? Why do you need another gun? Does this mean I can buy...?

Once in the house I think it will go unnoticed. One more .22 in the stack shouldn't draw attention. Besides, since it's used (surplus romanian bolt action - cheap)I can use the "What this old thing" redirection.

Any hints or suggestions? Have you done it? Did it work?

Thanks,

------------------
Glenn

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Leave the house with two or three guns to go shoot. Come back with one extra. Probably never notice. If she does, you have more problems than we can help you with.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I tend to use the "it was an incredible deal and I couldn't pass it up" line

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
As I type this response, I'm looking over my shoulder...In the past three months I've managed to sneak in a new shotgun and an AR-15.
Took a lot of thought and attention to the wife's schedule, figuring out when nobody would be home. If she ever takes a good look in that closet, look out! geegee

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone suggested a variation on this. Go out shooting with 3 cases but only 2 guns. Come back from shooting with 3 cases and three guns.

·
Registered
79 Posts
"guess what idiot traded me an old revolver for...cool huh?" Always worked for me, whether it was guns or guitars...

·
Administrator
72,075 Posts
I use the "leave with two, come back with three" trick all the time. Must be a sound tactic. Let's home the rest of the world doesn't find out or we're all in trouble.

One time I brought an AR-15 home, and I DEFINITELY didn't want to risk being caught with that thing. In the end I left it outside hidden in the truck bed right below the upper story window. I secured rope around the outside of the box, weighted the other end of the rope, and threw it through the open window. Ran back inside and upstairs, grabbed the rope, and hoisted 'er up!

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://usgi1911.tripod.com

[This message has been edited by dsk (edited 11-22-2001).]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Put it in a box and tell her this is no time of year to ask questions about strange boxes.
Or get one like mine. She heard me talking about underfolders and wants to get me one for our anniversary(sp?). Had to convince her we can't afford one, that hurt too. Wonder if I could fix and sell a few trucks and tractors by Feb 4?

[This message has been edited by imokie (edited 11-22-2001).]

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Be a man! Come clean, take the consequences, and enjoy your new toy!

Regards, NAA.

------------------
Colt 1911: Best damn "Government" in the World!

·
Registered
23 Posts
New-gun-into-the-house trick? No problem.

Wife? Don't have one of them anymore. Haven't had for over 5 years. The cats; they can't count. And the dog; he doesn't care.

Now... how do I get them passed the Feds and the State... :)

DQ

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Patrick McManus, the humor writer, claims to have convinced his wife that guns will reproduce in tight spaces such as closets and cabinets. You might try the same with "Honey the 1911 and Kahr just had the most beautiful little .22 you've ever seen. I'm going out to buy some cigars."

Just be sure that before you leave you unlatch a window as your door key might not work when you get home. This actually happened to me once. My wife's explanation was that Mrs. lock had "shut Mr. key off" as he had been ignoring her. Made sense to me, and the couch was very comfortable that night too. Stay safe, Gary

------------------
"I knew a man that I did not care for. And then one day this man payed me a call. We sat and talked about things on our mind. Now this man he is a friend of mine" Friend and Lover "Reach Out in the Darkness"

·
Registered
989 Posts
The old buddy mike finally remembered to return your rifle he had borrowed... works well. Having a bunch of stuff that all looks alike helps, under no circumstances should you ever clean / organize / straighten out your gun safe or collection. It can lead to a number of guns you own.... which will be remembered or indicated as "too many" .

·
Registered
142 Posts
A relative of mine tells his wife that won most of his new guns. He shoots a lot of competition rifle and pistol and HAS won a revolver and a shotgun before, so she belives him. I also do not think she understands how much guns cost. (especialy competition guns) .

------------------
"A flute without any holes isn't really a flute and a donut without a hole is a danish." Ty Webb

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Problem solved!

I had my wife buy it for me. I somehow convinced her that it would make a nice Christmas present. The best part was I didn't have to use my "Gun Fund" for it. Now I have money to get ammo and accessories.

I knew there was a reason I married her.

------------------
Glenn

·
Registered
68 Posts
Gee, that's sad. A man having to sneak a gun into his own house. The next worse thing is a guy having to smoke outside the house he's making the payments on.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts