1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im glad they let some of the Victim's relatives speak after the conviction was stated.The first Woman ask why "we" were selling Military firearms to reguler citizen's? Ive never posted in this section of the forum,but thought i would mention the question the woman ask.

·
Registered
983 Posts
It has been a boon to the antigun folk that, to most people, that the gun used was scary-looking can be leveraged in this way.

Never mind that it was only ever fired single-shot, and firing a 223 the weapon is less powerful than anything one would use to shoot at deer.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Military Firearm?

Isn't the m1911 a 'Military firearm'?
Have you ever wondered why JMB never designed another .45?
It is interesting to me that the Browning Hi-Power, his next masterpiece, wan't chambered in .45.
Garry

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
Re: Military Firearm?

geeman said:
Isn't the m1911 a 'Military firearm'?
Have you ever wondered why JMB never designed another .45?
It is interesting to me that the Browning Hi-Power, his next masterpiece, wan't chambered in .45.
Garry
Well the 1911 IS about as good as it gets in a .45 caliber gun. 9mm was considered really powerful in Europe. Thats probably why his next gun was in 9mm.

POcopo said:
The first Woman ask why "we" were selling Military firearms to reguler citizen's?
We arent, even though we should be. I would have asked her why it matters what the gun looked like if it functions no differently than any other rifle. I also would have asked why it mattered that the gun was semiautomatic when the same shootings could have been done with a single shot or bolt action rifle.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I just basically felt like :barf: when I heard that statement coming out of her mouth. Yet another round of anti-gun crap to deal with...God I had being compared to fruitcakes....:mad: What would she have said if it they went on a killing spree with a .22?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Imagine how bad it would have been had they had a more accurate bolt-action rifle?

I think the anti's would have had a hey day if Malvo had let loose several full magazines of 5.56 ... say 150 rounds.

A tragedy nonetheless.

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
With the distances involved the weapon used is irrelevant.

I dont think that it would have been better propaganda for the antis if they had gone on a killing spree rather than the weeks long string of single shootings they pulled. That would have required them to shoot a bunch of rounds at once. They would have been seen and identified much more rapidly, maybe after the first incident.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I bet if they used a .308 bolt gun with JHP's it would have been alot worse. So even though something is military doesn't mean its the best for everything.

the first shooting thru a glass window didn't have enough power to carry thru the glass and missed the victim right??

·
Registered
420 Posts
sombody should giver her the blue pill and a glass of water. ignorance is bliss.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts