1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now, a lot of NC departments seem to want to use almost every other pistol out there but the 1911, and I would like to here what the arguments are for using them and the counter arguments to the proposed downsides? I also would be curious to know which 1911 would be the best to try to get a department to go with.

I personally own a Kimber Tactical Custom II, and any advice on selling that 1911 would be great.

Thanks,
Wes

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wangstang,

You might want to look into the Para Ordnance LDA series. These are double action only (cannot be cocked) and have one of the sweetest, smoothest trigger pulls I've ever felt (the literature says it's supposed to be a 7# one...but it sure feels like a custom 4#er to me. It's better than any of my other ones including the custom ones)

The pistols also have all of the features of the stock 1911 (with the exception of the cocked & locked carry...you can still carry locked, just not cocked!);)

The pistols also come in various sizes for patrol/gen issue, CID, Special - Op's units, etc...

Good luck!:D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the LDA design, but, every Para I have picked up just doesn't send the same level of high quality fit and finish feel that my Kimber does. It might just be me, but that is the way I feel about the Para's. I was looking really hard at them and I would have gone with one if it seemed to be as high of quality as the kimber I bought. I would have paid 100-300 more than what Para has them priced at now depending on what kind of quality improvements they would make. Now at the same time here, I am not trying to bash para, they just didn't seem to be at the same level as kimber.

Wes

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wangstang,

I agree that the quality is not the same...I love my Kimber!!! But for someone who doesn't have that option and still wants the 1911 platform...the LDA is a viable option.

From what I've read Para quality is hit or miss...I like mine...it's quality is relatively good (no real problems yet!) so you might want to just look at several examples.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.