1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I have been lurking for a while in here, reading about people's experiences with various makes and models of 1911s.

I've been weighing features, options, gotta-have's, nice-to-have's, prices and all that for a couple of months.
You can call it "analysis paralysis"... I am sure lots of people suffer from the same thing.

I had my choices narrowed down to a Kimber Stainless II, or a S&W....
Yesterday, after much scratching of head, I went to my local store and dryfired them both for a little while.
And ended up with the S&W...

So today I'm watching the clock and the calendar. CA 10-day cooling off, y'know.

I am mostly planning on range shooting, try to get into IDPA and/or IPSC, and similar.
Self-defense or daily carry is not even a consideration.

That's all folks!
Just wanted to register here and introduce myself and tap into the wisdom in here.

Eric
Ventura County, CA

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
welcome and enjoy....great place, people and info.

enjoy that gun as well.....my 2nd 1911 was a S&W stainless and love it.

when you get her, clean and lube her. then shoot the heck out of it.

keep us posted on how it goes.

be safe, shoot well.:rock:

·
Registered
95 Posts
yeah 10 days is a killer, the problem I have is now I have to wait 30 days before purchasing a sw1911pd all black :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wait... it gets worse:
Just look at the calendar:
10 days from yesterday is... Thanksgiving day!!
Aarrgghh!!

Stores will be closed, wife's family in town, no chance of getting out even that Friday and maybe not even Sat 26.

How's that for bad timing?

·
Registered
609 Posts
could be worse, I had to wait for 6 months until I finally held my Smith 1911 in my hands :mummy: I almost cancelled the order because I couldn't stand the wait, but I'm glad I sat through it now as it is a fine handgun

·
Registered
736 Posts
Knut_the_Viking said:
Greetings!
I've been weighing features, options, gotta-have's, nice-to-have's, prices and all that for a couple of months.
You can call it "analysis paralysis"... I am sure lots of people suffer from the same thing.
Man oh man, I know I sure do. If it's any consolation, you made the right decision.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.