1911Forum banner

So I got to searching for pics of real 1911s used by spec ops and came across this

4K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  filthy phil 
#1 ·
This has to be fake. Did they really use to mount lights like this?

See less See more
#18 ·
Nothing sais spec-ops like a S&W Model 76 with a Rayovac hangin from the barrel shroud.

View attachment 614737
OMEGA MAN!! When you are the last man on earth you adapt and improvise!

What did this rig weigh!

Snappy dresser...Love the shirt and jacket!

Reactions: jr24
#11 ·
Back when people first came up with the idea of directly attaching a flashlight to a firearm there were some pretty goofy-looking setups. The problem was only a large D-cell flashlight like that had the candlepower and durability to be effective. We're now living in a golden age of small pocket-sized flashlights that not only are strong enough to take the recoil of a handgun but also are bright enough to light up a football field.

Remember that a 1911 tends to eject up more than it does to the right. I have plenty of dents in my forehead that attest to this.

#16 ·
I used one of those big Maglites way back then too. But the PD seriously impressed upon everyone and made sure that no one used one as a baton. If you did there were serious consequences for doing so. it was OK to use the PD issued baton like they taught you to. But not the huge Maglite though. After I quit police work, I had relegated my big Maglite to home duty, but I forgot about it for too long and the batteries corroded inside ruining it. But at the time that huge Maglite was the high technology for us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.