1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the gun store where I placed my order for a new EMP! I can't wait for it to come in. I got to handle one last week and it felt great but unfortunately someone else bought it before me.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, i should mention, I ordered the 9mm one. I'm not in to waiting until summer for the .40 version. 9 will be fine, and will mean I get to shoot a little cheaper at the range!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The gun isn't in yet hut I just ordered a UBG holster for it. I can't wait for this setup

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the call tonight that my EMP is in. Going after work tomorrow to pick it up and go to the range!

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Got the call tonight that my EMP is in. Going after work tomorrow to pick it up and go to the range!
Congrats....They are great little weapons. Just remember, keep them clean and WELL lubed during breakin, as they are set up tight from the factory...Enjoy

·
Registered
147 Posts
How much did you pay for that little bad boy EMP...
It looks sharp..

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i paid 984 for the EMP.
I'm getting the Nassar holster from UBG holsters and it isn't in yet, in fact it hasn't even been started yet. So we'll see how it is when it gets in.
Otherwise i'm going to go run through some bullets today.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never updated this thread, but here's the scoop:

Got the gun, took like an hour to do paper work with the lines and all. Then i got to go up stairs and shoot for like 20 minutes before I had to leave for dinner.
In those 20 minutes the gun was incredibly fun to shoot, and accurate, but it hit 4 inches low. I figured it was me.

Came back in a week and again shot accurately, but 4 inches low. Tried shooting from a rest, and it still did it.

Took it back downstairs and they confirmed that the front sight was off of a full size 1911, and not the right height.

Took springfield a few weeks to get the replacement sights in. Went in this tuesday to get the sight swapped, got it done in about 30 minutes (no charge) and went home happy. Then i turned the lights out and noticed the front sight didn't glow....
Went back the next day and got the sight swapped for another one. Looks and works great.
Have yet to go to the range with it, but I did get my UBG nassar holster today, which i haven't gotten to play with much, but i can tell i need to stretch it out a little bit.

Overall great gun, and good service from EMP and bullseye shooter supply of tacoma, but I feel that it should have taken me a full month to get a full operational/accurate gun that I paid 1k for.

·
Banned
292 Posts
i new you were in tacoma as soon as you said "went up stairs to shoot" i belong to tacoma sportsmans club and would be glad to let you shoot my TRP if you'd let me shoot that little EMP, ive been dieing to shoot one. whada ya say need a range buddy?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm happy to let you fire off the EMP a little if you catch me there. I'll either be at bullseye this afternoon or next sunday.

You can always spot me because of my red Pumas!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts