1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the .458 out to get it dialed in for some hog hunting. I love the feel of all that recoil. It's so much fun to shoot! Just wish it was less expensive to shoot.... lol Hope to kill some hogs with it soon! :rock:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Took the .458 out to get it dialed in for some hog hunting. I love the feel of all that recoil. It's so much fun to shoot! Just wish it was less expensive to shoot.... lol Hope to kill some hogs with it soon! :rock:

Awesome!

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
That's a real nice looking rifle. And I think $2.50 to $3.50 a round is a good price for a hog. Breakfast for days. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Try down around Clarks Hill on the SC GA line , Got some monster hogs down there. Doc

·
Super Moderator
14,622 Posts
Awesome rifle L2R, should take care of some big hogs pretty easily.

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
That's a real nice looking rifle. And I think $2.50 to $3.50 a round is a good price for a hog. Breakfast for days. :biglaugh:

This^^^^^^^^^

I also agree on the Aimpoint, own several variations of their red dots, as well as some others, along with a couple of EOtechs, that is my favorite model of all of them.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Not many times I will comment on an AR picture, but that one is sexy! Enjoy the bacon!

·
Super Moderator
13,494 Posts
Try down around Clarks Hill on the SC GA line , Got some monster hogs down there. Doc
I spent a lot of time at Clarks Hill fishing and swimming during my high school years.

Nice rifle.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, guys!

This was the first opportunity I had to shoot it after the upper had to be sent back due to a bad bolt. Apparently, a batch of bolts went out that were slightly out of spec, which caused feeding issues. When I first got it, it would not chamber a round at all. That was about a year ago. Sadly, I have to admit that I haven't had the opportunity to shoot it since I've gotten it back. Well, I'm proud to say that there was not a single malfunction while using the Wilson Barnes 300gr TTSX rounds.

I was debating hard between the Aimpoint Comp M4S and a Micro T1. I couldn't be happier with my decision to go with the Comp M4S. My vision isn't the greatest. It's not the worst, but things are a bit fuzzy at distance. I only wear contacts when I'm shooting, so the target is more crisp. Well, I forgot my contacts yesterday. I realized this when I looked at the target 25 yards out and it was fuzzy. I couldn't see the bullseye, but I could see the ring around the very outside of the target. I just knew my shots were going to be all over the place and sighting the gun was going to prove to be an expensive waste of time. I tried anyway. I fired three rounds, then checked the target. To my surprise, I was able to group all three rounds together nice and tight. I made an adjustment to the Aimpoint and fired another three shot group. Looked at the target again, and there was another cluster of three. Another adjustment and another three shots. That created another tight pattern. This happened a couple more times, and I was able to get a nice group right in the bullseye. I attribute being able to do this to the sharpness of the dot in the Aimpoint. I couldn't see the bullseye, but I could see the outter ring enough to guess where the bullseye was. Had the dot big large and fuzzy, there is no way I would've been able to group the shots. I highly recommend this optic for someone who wants something rugged, crisp, easy to use, and good looking.

Yesterday reminded me how much fun I have shooting an AR. Makes me want to go out again today to shoot a 5.56. But I don't have a Wilson 5.56. :( Don't have any complaints about my Daniel Defense, though. May get a new bolt for the DD, because that NP3 bolt from Wilson is sooo smooth. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts