1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Dang, I guess. Factory loads? WCRep should be along shortly and they'll straighten this out for you - but dang. Meantime I'd e-mail them, including the image.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
WOW, first glad you weren't injured! Hate to have that in my eye! I would call or email Wilson and include that photo. I'm sure they'll take care of it

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I was shocked when it happened, I thought maybe I moved my hand and the slide bit me then I saw it was the sight and my heart sank. Does anyone know the email address at wilson?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am guessing there was just a flaw in the sight that over time just caused it to break, I treat this thing like a baby. For a stupid moment I thought it hit my hand then realized that would not be possible because the slide would hit first lol.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
Wow, I have that sight on one of my TEs, thanks for the heads up, likely just an "anomaly" but make sure you are all wearing ballistic rated shooting glasses (rather than just safety rated).
C.A.
Of course WC will fix it, and pay for the round-trip.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have that sight on my Supergrade (736 rounds) and two of my Guncrafters (442 & 450 rounds) and so far, so good.
I'm confident Wilson will take care of it under warranty.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Think of the physics, larger sites more mass, thinner material due to deeper set groove, possible bubble in metal. Original design was just a flat piece of metal set in the slide now we have grooved larger more elaborate sites making the mass heavier and heavier, surprised that more incidents like this aren't happening. Look at all the garbage guys are putting on their ARs now trying to mount on their pistols. I know that this was a factory weapon probably a flaw in the metal. But in the pic where the break happened it looked pretty thin.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Just my opinion - I'd send the slide in, that way WC can examine it and determine what happened "help them, help you" kind of a situation. They install, they learn, you're made whole! Just my thought! Knew WCR/WC would save the day!

WC customer service is second to none! Best wishes with your pistol, sir!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I could understand this happening to a $500 elcheapo 1911, but a Wilson?
I'm sure they'll make it right, but I'd still be VERY disappointed.

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Just my opinion - I'd send the slide in, that way WC can examine it and determine what happened "help them, help you" kind of a situation. They install, they learn, you're made whole! Just my thought! Knew WCR/WC would save the day!

WC customer service is second to none! Best wishes with your pistol, sir!
Yeah, If I were the manufacturer, I would want to take a look at this one up close.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.