1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
That's a tough question vicg1.

Mine is about halfway below your serial number range.

I would not trade mine for a new Defender or Combat Commander.

Since Colt no longer offers the Officers model I would suggest that they are worth at least what the last suggested retail price was. Probably much more.

------------------
PISS A LIBERAL OFF

BUY A HANDGUN....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the gun, use it weekly... but it's an officePs model... they misspelled the word officers...

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Dear vicg1, I don't know much about collecting guns but that type of misprint usually adds signifigant value to other things like stamps and coins. I'd suggest that you look for a Colt or gun-collectors website to investigate the value of your gun. Good luck. Stay safe, Gary

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Gary W Trott:
Dear vicg1, I don't know much about collecting guns but that type of misprint usually adds signifigant value to other things like stamps and coins. I'd suggest that you look for a Colt or gun-collectors website to investigate the value of your gun. Good luck. Stay safe, Gary
I might just do that. I've owned it for about 10 years, since new. Everytime I look at it I laugh...

·
Banned
5,952 Posts
Hi Vicg1....
That's pretty interesting. I've never seen a mistake on a Colt rollmark before. Could it be that the leg of the right leg of the "R" didn't get marked? Can any impression of the leg be seen?
Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by SamColtFan:
Hi Vicg1....
That's pretty interesting. I've never seen a mistake on a Colt rollmark before. Could it be that the leg of the right leg of the "R" didn't get marked? Can any impression of the leg be seen?
Regards,
Sam
I think the die must have broken just as it was printed. Zero impression but there is the slightest bit of the leg of the R visible at the lower edge of the P where it would be expected to be...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
So it's an Office-pee-ers model??:rofl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts