1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend is selling an od 1911. Everything is correct and actually, looks unmodified. He has the original holster, and said it came back from Germany. He is Palastinian and sometimes hard to understand...I'm assuming he means it was a war trophy that he bought overseas and brought with him to America when he came here years ago. It's serial number according to Dana's site makes it a 1914 manufacture. The metal is perfect save for a single ding on the right dust cover. Mag is not original but is two toned with the top being bare metal. There is NO blueing left on the gun. It functions fine and rattles like it should. I keep trying to tell him $500 is a good deal. He and other mutual friends think I'm trying to rip him off. Honestly I don't know if I would leave it original or reblue it. When I say no blueing left, I mean NO blueing left. But, everything seems to be original and the pistol is unaltered. Without seeing it, what do you think it's worth?

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
Joe, I have no clue what it is worth. Try posting in the USGI forum, you should get a good response there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts