1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normal price of .380 acp. ammo of Fiocchi FMJ ammo is $$17.99. Pandemic prices are $24.99.

Not cool.

·
Premium Member
6,073 Posts
When better than 50% of the demand for handgun ammo is 9mm, followed by .45, by the time you work down to .380 how much in the way of resources is left to devote to that caliber? With limited resources, they'll use them to fill orders for the stuff with the highest demand. Why does that seem to be so hard for people to understand?

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Not unreasonable at all, considering. Sure it sucks.
The 38% mark up your referenced Fiocchi .380 is selling for is not close to the brutality of the 9mm prices we have seen.
Let's not even talk about primer pricing now!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Then there is the fact we have no idea what vendors are being charged by the manufacturer or what the vendors are currently charging Tuners the increase seems to be in line. Not anywhere close to the CTD prices before the Texas suit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Normal price of .380 acp. ammo of Fiocchi FMJ ammo is $$17.99. Pandemic prices are $24.99.

Not cool.
If you remember back in 2012, it was 22lr. It took 4 years for the prices to come back down.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
If you found 20 boxes at the old price, what would you do? Me? I’d buy them all. That would leave none on the shelf....demand high....supply low. If I found 20 boxes at the new price, I’d think about that old price and buy a box or two leaving some for the rest. Demand high....supply low...prices naturally go to balance.

To be clear, I haven’t bought handgun Ammo (except some .357 defensive Ammo in small yellow boxes) in a long time. So, no, I’m not the guy adding to the problem. It just is.

·
Premium Member
8,341 Posts

Not cool.
Look at post #9. That actually happened. I don’t mess with 380, but you should buy every box you can get at that price.

·
Premium Member
8,341 Posts
If you remember back in 2012, it was 22lr. It took 4 years for the prices to come back down.
Not just the price, but for the shelves to get stocked again. That was insanity. Let’s just say that I will never run out. Neither will the guy that gets what’s left when I’m gone!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The manufacturers haven't raised prices to retailers. It's the retailers that are jacking up ammo prices to the consumer.

·
Premium Member
8,341 Posts
Actually, they have raised up a bit due to cost of materials. No way it is in proportion to the rape out there right now. Interesting that the big boxes remain about the same. It’s all the internet based sales that are out of hand. Poor Dicks Sporting Goods, they lose out on a couple more fantastic sales years! Takes a lot of soccer balls and sports bras to make up for the loss in the gun dept!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Seems like a pretty reasonable price compared to everywhere else. CTD has .380 priced at $39.89 for Armscor fmj.

Oh, forgot to mention, that's for a 20 round box.

·
Premium Member
8,341 Posts
😆 My buddy did that! Not with CTD, but he jumped on a “deal” about 4 months ago. Bought 10 boxes of HST’s from SGAmmo. Too bad they were 20’s....he thought they were 50’s!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts