1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else was going to be picking up this game soon? I am and I am so excited about I will hardly be able to sleep tonite.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Got mine for B-Day...

I put in on my wish list for Mrs. Warlock to think about. Darn it if she didn't get it for me.

I don't have the strategy guide for it like I do the first one. (couldn't have gotten far in the first one without it)

mini-review:
The first one had slightly better action play, and the graphics seamed a bit "cleaner". Still, it only has 480p support and no 16x9 capability. (I have a widescreen viewing setup, so, I try and find games that support it, like GT3)

The weapon selection (single, burst, full) is a huge improvement. Accidentally going into single shoot mode when in a tight situation (netplay) would be game ending.

I am logged on as 100W_Warlock with SOCOM, havenot gone online with the new game until I get a little better at it.

-Warlock

·
Registered
809 Posts
I enjoy the first SOCOM, and will be putting this on my Christmas list. Do any of you guys play online? Also, I bought my copy used without earphones. Might there be place I can pick up a headset?

Thanks, Theo :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
The USB earphones can be had from any GameSpot store for like $10. (gameshark has one that works)

Once you play with the headset against the computer, you never go back. :D

I have the first SOCOM and played it online after having solved the first 5 missions. I got slaughtered, but it was fun. (still is!!!)

Using the headset in multiplayer is fun. If you are in a clan or have regular teammates, you can get alot done is very little time.

The best part about SOCOM2 is the redesigned fire select system. Too often in SOCOM, you would be in full-auto mode, then accidentally slip into single shoot mode. In S2, you have to hold down the fire select for 2 seconds before jumping into a different mode.

Also, the use of thermo vision for your scope (with the M4 and SR-25) makes for some really interesting kills.

When you get setup, PM me and we will go "hunting". I regularly use 100W_Warlock as my login.

-Warlock

·
Registered
809 Posts
Oooh, sounds sweet, man. Will do. I'm thinking after Christmas. The online thingy is on my list. :-D

Thanks, Theo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts