1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

How is the quality of the Hi-Powers SOG sells? As you can probably tell from my tag line-thingy I have a Sistema 1927 that i am extremely pleased with, and if the Hi-Powers are the same quality as my 1927 I would love to jump on one. A few specific questions - Can it safely digest 9mm+P loads? Also, are all parts interchangable with the FN/Browning Hi-Power? Thanks!

·
Registered
554 Posts
These are pretty good guns but also getting fairly old by now. They were made for Argentina by FN and worked so well that the government licensed the design and began making them in Argentina as the FM. In the 90s FM began making a version of the MK III now sold here as the FM-95.

I woouldn't shoot much +P ammo through the older ones or much jhp either. If you want to shoot +P or JHP then get the FEG PJK 9HP, the ARCUS 94 or the FM M-95. The three new ones also retail for less than the SOG surplus anyway.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
JAR These are pretty good guns but also getting fairly old by now

I have a 1944 Inglis that is super strong. This gun has never missed a beat. These guns were made to run with STEN ammo, super hot sub gun juice, mabie not plue P but hot. age isnt all that bad in firearms, but I havent heard too many good things about Argintine pistol, so take Jars advice and get an FEG, or an Arcus.

peace

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Everyone I bought one yesterday and I can't wait until I get it!

Thanks again

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Arcus 94 is a great value . Check it out at AIM surplus for $219.95

·
Registered
76 Posts
ChaseN

Hi,

Please let us know how you like it.

I have an Arcus 98DAC on order expected to arrive December 6th...I'm thinking I'd like a BHP cousin for it with more traditional BHP appearance. Others have recommended the SOG Argentines...I'm curious to find out what you think of it.

Good luck!

CZ52'

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THe report.....

THis gun is ana amazing value, IMHO. I put about 500 Winchester White Box rounds through it two weeks ago and its very accurate. It shoots about 3" low at 15 yards, but no problems because its got plenty of front sight to file down. I got 3-4" groups with it, accounting the horrendous trigger pull (7-8 pounds? Its heavy) ANyways, I'm very pleased.

Sorry, no pics (no digital camera.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Get a more current model with the external extractor. The internal extractor is a weak point of the gun other it is probably the finest 9mm or 40 call ever made in single action. If you have to replace the extractor, only C &S make an aftermarket one and it is quite expensive(approx 50.00 - 65.00 ) to replace

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Larry Green:

Is that Larry The Hi-Power Guy From Michigan, posting here now? A hearty, if belated, welcome from Brian Dover of Cincinnati--and, Second Chance, Michigan (well it FELT like a town when we attended the match!). See ya soon in here, and around the gunshow circuit, amigo.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Yes, Larry, very likely so. But, let's be play nice with our fellow posters and do our chit-chat via e-mail or PM, alrighty? BTW, fellow forumites, Larry knows BHPs pretty good; another fine addition to our galaxy of stars here at da Forum! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts